Need Opinion: To buy or not to buy white jumbo flap

yummycake

Nov 7, 2010
I have rec'd an offer to buy a Jumbo flap white caviar for $2000 usd. I don't know if it is worth the investment. Initially, I was thinking about getting a regular 2.55 black caviar. I know the jumbo is rare and if it is black i would definitely get it but it's white and I'm afraid I could get it dirty easily.
Considering it is authentic and in good condition, should I get it?
Cheers

I wouldn't say the jumbo is rare, so if you're buying it solely for "investment" and wouldn't use it, I would say no to this. $2000 for a white jumbo in good condition is a good deal, No bag is worth buying just because it's a good deal...you should think about whether you will actually use it. There may be someone else out there who actually wants it ;)

ETA: I do have a white caviar jumbo and love it. I definitely don't use it as often as my other flaps, but it's not as high maintenance as most people think...a baby wipe takes the dirt right out after use.

Last edited:
I agree with Karman. Jumbo is not rare. I only have one white Chanel and that is in PT caviar. I do adore the quilted white look of it. This was my last Chanel purchase to complete my temporary obsession. What it boils down to is the white color takes the back seat among other available colors. I reserve it for an immaculately crisp day lest the leather become smeared easily.

Its a good deal but if you don't love it or see yourself using it, then I personally would not go for it.

^
Agreed. It isn't a great deal if you're not going to use it often enough to justify the purchase OR you don't love it. For 2K, I better love that bag. I just got at 225 dark blue reissue and I like her alot. For the $$$ I better had.

It's like when someone says something is free, why don't you want it? If I don't need it and desire it, then even if it's free, why do I want it? It'll just gather dust.

I have a white caviar jumbo and love it, but it wasn't my first. I don't think it is an everyday, all year round bag, so if you are planning on buying 1 chanel- I would stick with black.... but if you plan on buying more in the future then I say go for it!

Agree with babyontheway, if this is not your only Chanel bag, then I would definitely buy it. But if it's the only one then I would spend the money on something else. Don't get it just because it's a good deal...

But white is yummy... I would love to get my hands on one. haha..

I would not get a white flap, even if it is a "good deal."

It will get dirty easily and is just not an everyday bag, in my opinion.

But again, if you absolutely love it, you should go for it!

I have a white caviar M/L and have no problem maintaining it. It's a lot better than light colored lamb. $2,000 for jumbo caviar is a good deal but if you don't like it much, you shouldn't get it. $2,000 is still a lot of money for something you're not sure and want to get it just for an investment. HTH! :smile:

I have a white jumbo caviar flap and it looks pristine even though its 3 years old. I wipe it down from time to time. I also have a white caviar med/large flap and it was getting a bit worn and tired looking. I sent it to Chanel for a spa cleaning and WOW, it came back like new! Bright and white. I do think they redyed the entire bag though as the texture is slightly different. Its not as abvious as when they redye lambskin. It doesnt bother me at all. Im glad it looks so new. So even when it gets dirty beyond the periodic wipedown, its good to know Chanel can perk it right back up.