Need Opinion: To buy or not to buy white jumbo flap

I have a white caviar jumbo, and love it to death! But im a sucker for white bags in general. Not once have I gotten any dirt on the bag. Still looks pretty good.

no bags are investments.

I have a white jumbo caviar flap and it looks pristine even though its 3 years old. I wipe it down from time to time. I also have a white caviar med/large flap and it was getting a bit worn and tired looking. I sent it to Chanel for a spa cleaning and WOW, it came back like new! Bright and white. I do think they redyed the entire bag though as the texture is slightly different. Its not as abvious as when they redye lambskin. It doesnt bother me at all. Im glad it looks so new. So even when it gets dirty beyond the periodic wipedown, its good to know Chanel can perk it right back up.

Hi Luccibag, I've been using a Chanel white wallet for the past two years, and can I say with much regret that I wish I had bought another colour two months after I got it? My pristine wallet turned practically grey!

I used a mousse leather cleaner from a Clarks store in London to wipe my wallet now and then, and it helped a little at the beginning. The greying became so bad I gave up soon after.

How much does the spa cleaning cost and MUST they do redyeing like they do in bag repair and servicing shops to make it white again? There are two in my country, and they clean up white designer bags with dye and I really can't bear to have my leather goods repainted over.

I'm never going to get a white designer bag ever. Perhaps that was the purpose of my wallet purchase.

Thanks for the replies.
yes, This would be my first chanel and i hope it won't be my only. i hope to carry it as often as I can so I would definitely prefer black.
But I just went back and looked at the photos.
Sigh. I don't know what to do!!:drool:

Attachments

• white jumbo cav.jpg
    white jumbo cav.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 90
Ooooh its gorgeous!! I think the white jumbo is stunning.

Mon Cherie. Sorry to hear about your wallet. I think redye would be the only way to fix it. Spa treatment for my flap was $145 but that included a few stitches redone.

Several years back I purchased a m/l white caviar in Oct just before a price increase. Since I live in the mid-Atlantic region, it didn't see the light of day til late spring. I used it all summer long and one day DH commented -- for the life of my I didn't get why you were buying a white purse but I get it.

When the summer is so hot and everything seems to be melting, white is like a cool breeze for the eyes. I put Luvinmybags cream protector on it and just wipe it down with a baby wipe periodically. Think I've had it 3 or 4 years now and it looks brand new.

Here's my rationale: $2,000 is a good price, especially if you're in a warmer region where it would get more than 4 months use. And if it in excellent condition why would you hesitate?

If this is not going to be your only Chanel ever, then I would definitely get it for that price. You could get a lot of use from a white purse if you are not mentally afraid to carry a white purse. Life is too short not to enjoy something just because of the fear that it might get dirty. It can always be refreshed. White is so refreshing and not as commenly seen everywhere as the basic black. White Caviar is a lot easier to care for than you think.

I think stark white is hard to maintain. Go for light beige instead. And yes I do agree that $2k is a lot of money and personally I won't spend it unless I am absolutely sure that I'd LOVE the bag.

I have a white caviar jumbo and i love it, because it is a gorgeous bag. However, I do not use it everyday and I only wear it with things that will not transfer color. I do baby mine a bit, so if you are planning to get a everyday purse, I dont think white is a good idea. BUT if you plan on adding it to a chanel collection, this purse is a good deal.

For those who live in the fear of -- research Luvinmybags protector. I swear the fear becomes history and the enjoyment one gets of being able to use the purse is well worth the investment. The stuff repels liquids, ink, color transfer -- no worries. (And no, I don't make the stuff.)

I think that the people who are in fear of dirt have never used a white caviar flap. They actually don't get dirty too easily and it is easy to clean them off. Of course if you wear it with a cheap black shirt on a 100 degree summer day, you could end up with color transfer, but that can be avoided. You wouldn't want to rub it up against super dark jeans either.

White is an essential must have flap color IMO. It is extremely useful and totally gorgeous. Depending on where you live and what you wear with it, it could be used year round. It makes me sad when so many people are down on white flaps. They are completely amazing.

If you would use it, then it is a steal at that price. Of course confirm the authenticity too. I would go for it!

If its your first Chanel then maybe go for a black, I would get white later on down the road, its a hard color to maintain, I have a beige and HARDLY ever use it, I am so paranoid about ruining it...thats just me though! Maybe you will be more brave than I am!