Need Opinion Please on Natural Buckley

YankeeDooney

Apr 1, 2015
What do you think ladies, should I pull the trigger? Need to make a rather quick decision since this is on hold for me. It is somewhat smooth with some striations on the bottom, and a darker area on the front that I am told will even out over time. Been searching for a natural Buckley and this is the best I could find so far. Help!Natural Buckley.jpg

20161130_112424.jpg
What do you think ladies, should I pull the trigger? Need to make a rather quick decision since this is on hold for me. It is somewhat smooth with some striations on the bottom, and a darker area on the front that I am told will even out over time. Been searching for a natural Buckley and this is the best I could find so far. Help!View attachment 3568134
Yes!!! Go for it! Got mine in December on ILD for 229.00. I love this bag!

On sale for $199 which is my reason for looking. Good to save a few bucks. So nothing objectionable looking to you BBY?
YD, it looks good to me, but I am partial to the natural florentine :heart:. I don't think you will find a better bag for that price. My Buckley has some color striation but it doesn't bother me. Let me know if you go for it. :tup:

YD: did you bring your new treasure home? Sorry I didn't see your post until morning. What were you doing at the outlet out in the snow?
Hi LJ, well since it was snowing yesterday, I was calling outlets to track down the elusive smooth natural Buckley. It is crazy that you just can't find a bag that looks decent. Buying bags should not be this difficult. It's like a lottery, with only 1 grand prize winner (a pristine smooth flo) and then some smaller prizes (flawed bags). My gosh. I mean, I have never seen a nice smooth natural flo in person. What the heck! I think our friend Pecan has the nicest Natural Flo Bags I have ever seen, so she is the Grand Prize Winner times three as her videos will show.

Well, I found one bag (although flawed) that hopefully will pass my picky criteria. I think I called just about every outlet. So ridiculous. I would like to also give a shoutout to Erin at the Livermore Outlet for being especially helpful eventhough my bag is not coming from there. I ended up getting it from Rachael (also helpful) at the PA outlet. Should be here in a week or so.

Hi LJ, well since it was snowing yesterday, I was calling outlets to track down the elusive smooth natural Buckley. It is crazy that you just can't find a bag that looks decent. Buying bags should not be this difficult. It's like a lottery, with only 1 grand prize winner (a pristine smooth flo) and then some smaller prizes (flawed bags). My gosh. I mean, I have never seen a nice smooth natural flo in person. What the heck! I think our friend Pecan has the nicest Natural Flo Bags I have ever seen, so she is the Grand Prize Winner times three as her videos will show.

Well, I found one bag (although flawed) that hopefully will pass my picky criteria. I think I called just about every outlet. So ridiculous. I would like to also give a shoutout to Erin at the Livermore Outlet for being especially helpful eventhough my bag is not coming from there. I ended up getting it from Rachael (also helpful) at the PA outlet. Should be here in a week or so.
YD: good luck. Hope it's a winner.

It's here!!!! So glad I went for it. It is gorgeous! I love the color. In person, it looks just like the color on the dooney website (bottom photo). I had seen one at the outlet near me but it looked like a fossil in comparison...very dry and pasty in color. This one looks warm and rich in tone. The leather feels smooth and supple. It has minor imperfections which you all helped me overlook and I am very pleased with this bag. I just love it!

(Excuse the plastic on the handle. I have this thing about keeping it wrapped until I am ready to use it).
Natural Buckley1.jpg B1284D_SCNASCNA_ALT4.jpg

She's very pretty! Congrats GF!
Your pic is making me wanna go to the outlet and take a look. I don't know, I like the look of the bag but every time I had picked it up at the outlet I always ended up putting it back. I don't know if it was because another one was calling me louder or because there's something about this one that I don't like. The problem is if I go to the outlet, I have to take DS with me and he doesn't like going to the outlet. ugh, what to do....

She's very pretty! Congrats GF!
Your pic is making me wanna go to the outlet and take a look. I don't know, I like the look of the bag but every time I had picked it up at the outlet I always ended up putting it back. I don't know if it was because another one was calling me louder or because there's something about this one that I don't like. The problem is if I go to the outlet, I have to take DS with me and he doesn't like going to the outlet. ugh, what to do....
GF, I actually called your outlet looking for one. I don't think they had a good one at the time so if you want a decent one, let me know. I called most of them and I have a pic of another. I think sale ends today. I looked at red, but I really liked the natural and since I didn't have anything that color, that was my mission.

Btw, I felt the same about the natural until I tried it on. That changed my mind. But the red is gorgeous too!

GF, I actually called your outlet looking for one. I don't think they had a good one at the time so if you want a decent one, let me know. I called most of them and I have a pic of another. I think sale ends today. I looked at red, but I really liked the natural and since I didn't have anything that color, that was my mission.
Well, I'm not actually looking for a color in particular, I'm just intrigued by the fact that I keep admiring them and the sale.
ETA: I called the outlet and they are holding a red and a black for me, so I guess I'll make the trip and check it out.

Last edited:
Well, I'm not actually looking for a color in particular, I'm just intrigued by the fact that I keep admiring them and the sale.
ETA: I called the outlet and they are holding a red and a black for me, so I guess I'll make the trip and check it out.
LOL! Yes, you will love them. Trust me.

Btw, I felt the same about the natural until I tried it on. That changed my mind. But the red is gorgeous too!

So glad you found a good one! The naturals at Macy's were so awful I almost never got one, but now I have wonderful mini satchel and barlow in it. Oh and my Cristina, which is pebbled but I like it.

Reactions: YankeeDooney
I'm back. My outlet had black, taupe, chestnut and red. The taupe was a no go for me, the color is not me, then the chestnut is nice but I have the Logan DS in chestnut, so it was between black and red. They only had one red and it was not very nice so I went with black. I'll post pics tomorrow.
Nice, the black is a beautiful bag. Looking forward to pics.