Need opinion: is carrying LV to office too "show off"?

sunnia

O.G.
Sep 26, 2008
I just got tired of Coach but still new to LV. My concern is if carrying LV to office too "show off"? (especially when my female bosses/co-workers all carry Coach bags). But if I don't carry the bag to the office, what's the point of spending a thousand only to use it 2 days a week during weekends?

What do you think?

I think if you bought the bag, you might as well carry it! I don't think girls I see carrying LV is showing off (and I see it at school and stuff). I just think they're classy and have good taste and that's what they like!

Who am I to judge them? So go for it! :tup:

I would use the LV,:tup: so long as you don't make a big deal out of "look at my new bag" or talk about how many LV you have I don't think anyone will take any notice.

Use it, if people look at you, you should be happy! I love attentions. Haa.

I got a friend who never use branded in her life before and one day she brought an LV to office, her friend took one glance and say 'Is that LV, must be fake' My friend were like WTH. Haa. Just something funny to share.

You can buy more discreet styles. But in the end, buy the LV and bring that baby to work! You have the right to bring what you want to work whenever you want.

So far, my colleagues were quite gracious in their comments even though they are not the sort that goes for high end bags. Only 1 colleague once tried to preach me on its price and savings, I didn't bother to listen and turn and talk to someone else.

Bring it to work. I have always brought mine to work and have never received any negative comments; the only akward thing that has happened is being asked if my damier alma was real (which it was) and how much was it (said it was a gift to avoid further discussion of the price as she was much older than me and I feel uncomfortable).

Life is too short not to enjoy your bags. Go for it.

I know what you mean... I love my LV's dearly. In the beginning when I first started carrying my LV's to work, my co-workers would make the rudest comments, have the strangest stares and would ask the most inappropriate questions. After awhile, I think they got tired of talking all that sh** and it passed. Then the only comments were... "oh you got a new bag?"

I think let them get it out of the system, ignore their comments and do "show" your love for your LV's! Good luck Girl!

I think you should use it! Nothing's wrong with it at all.

People where I interned used to carry all sorts of different things. I carried my LVs sometimes, interned also carried some LVs, sometimes. The boss is big on Chanel. The other girls are into Burberry & Marc Jacobs, some even LV itself! I had a pink neo speedy (from the MC denim from a few years ago) and a girl had a shoulder bag from the same line, same colour - obviously purchased around the same time. It was pretty fun to see.

Bring it to work. I have always brought mine to work and have never received any negative comments; the only akward thing that has happened is being asked if my damier alma was real (which it was) and how much was it (said it was a gift to avoid further discussion of the price as she was much older than me and I feel uncomfortable).

Life is too short not to enjoy your bags. Go for it.

Ditto!:tup:

I think it should be fine, although it also depends on the corporate culture and the style of the bag you're carrying. It shouldn't be a problem so long as you remain low-key about it. And yes, you may want to consider more discreet styles (avoid monogram) if that's considered more appropriate.