Need opinion: is carrying LV to office too "show off"?

yea what ur talking about always comes up! i always buy bags and only seem to carry it on the weekends too! i guess i would feel a bit uncomfortable if i was carrying a pricier bag than my boss, but shes ur boss and she can prob afford one too if she wanted to, right? if it was someone who couldnt afford LV and would be jealous then i would be careful about carrying it around them, and only if they were my friend, if theyre just a hater then thats another story~ u should go for it girl!

So long as its legal to buy what "we" want then "your" expenditures are your business. Life's way to short to worry overly much what people will think or say. It's not like you're driving a ferarri and working as a checkout girl at the local grocery store. People that aren't into LV only know that its designer and expensive. Coach is pretty expensive too, last I looked.

I just got tired of Coach but still new to LV. My concern is if carrying LV to office too "show off"? (especially when my female bosses/co-workers all carry Coach bags). But if I don't carry the bag to the office, what's the point of spending a thousand only to use it 2 days a week during weekends?

What do you think?

I think it depends on your particular workplace, your colleagues, and what bag it is. Every situation is different, and only you can gauge whether you'd be perceived as showing off or not.

I'm the odd one on this post it seems, but I don't bring my LVs to work. I work with a lot of women, and I don't want even to approach showing off to my assistant, my boss, or my other colleagues. I've worked here for years, and they know me well, but I'm simply more comfortable not bringing them to work. I enjoy my LVs on weekends, and that's enough for me. I don't need them every single day.

Good luck, and whatever you decide, enjoy your new LV!

Go ahead and wear it! I'd say just don't be like "Oh wow my bag lalalala......" you know? If you're not making a big deal about how awesome it is then they shouldn't feel bad about it.

if you buy it then definitely use it! i love using mine going to work and i get a lot of compliments on them. the only thing that maybe i don't appreciate hearing is people commenting how i could have spent so much on a bag. but i've learned to just take it with a grain of salt and keep enjoying my bags! so don't mind other people so much..what's important is that you're happy using it!

I think it depends on the environment of your office. I work in a stuffy environment. Most people here put very little effort into what they wear, or how they look...well, that is how it appears to me :smile:. I used to feel that bringing my LV's to work would seem like showing off but then my babies just sat in my closet :sad:. So finally, slowly, I started integrating them and bringing them to work. I enjoyed bringing my babies out so much that one day, I just said, F(*& that, I don't care anymore, I am just going to use my LV's. So I sold all my Coach bags and now use LV's faithfully.

I carry my LV each and every day to the office. I could care less what anyone thinks or whether they know it's LV. I worked hard to acquire it and I will proudly carry it......and smile while doing so! ;)

I don't think it's too show off...I was hesitant about bringing mine to work, but eventually I did, and I realized that most people don't even notice it because they're too busy with their own work. Of course it also helps that I'm a software engineer so most of my co workers are men, who could care less about what bag I bring to work! :P

I believe 'showing off' is about the attitude you have in order to draw attention to yourself, and for the most part, in a negative manner & to make others feel less than you (if they allow it).

Carrying a designer bag is not showing off. Did people hesitate carrying Coach before EVERYONE carried them? Do people not drive their BMWs & Cadillacs so as not to be labeled show offs? Or buy a larger house, or wear the new diamond earrings, or wear the new CL shoes?
It's YOUR interest, life is short & the bags are too beautiful (& expensive) to be hidden in a dustbag. Carry what you want!