Need opinion : Dust Bag received is causing a concern :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egoh510

Aug 18, 2019
Hello Ladies / Gents !
I recently bought a Louis Vuitton Eden PM from a reputable website (Fashionphile). The bag itself has a date code manufactured in 2013 but it came with what I considered a vintage dust bag ( the darker brown dust bag with "LV" on it). My question is should I be concerned with getting a vintage dust bag or was that dust bag still in use back in 2013. My research online on other Eden bags shows that it should have come with the updated dust bag - with the " Louis Vuitton" I know this is not a big deal, but I always try to verify authenticity of an item along with accessories (Dust bag, box, straps) I receive. Any advice is greatly appreciated ! TIA :smile:

It might also be the case that the original owner kept the newer dustbag and sold the Eden with an older dust bag. I don’t feel that the db has any relevance of whether or not the bag is authentic, as some bags sold by fp have fp labeled dust bags. If you have concers, however, with authenticity of the Eden then post pictures in the authentication thread.

It might also be the case that the original owner kept the newer dustbag and sold the Eden with an older dust bag. I don’t feel that the db has any relevance of whether or not the bag is authentic, as some bags sold by fp have fp labeled dust bags. If you have concers, however, with authenticity of the Eden then post pictures in the authentication thread.
That is exactly my thoughts too.... I don't have much concern with the bag itself... Just a bit weird that the dust bag received was a older version. Thanks for the response

Reactions: vinbenphon1
I’ve bought dust bags for bags that don’t come with them. I don’t look specifically for ones that reflect what the bag should have based on year. I look for a dustbag that’s 1) big enough 2) not a ripoff or fake

Reactions: Annabel Lee
I’ve bought dust bags for bags that don’t come with them. I don’t look specifically for ones that reflect what the bag should have based on year. I look for a dustbag that’s 1) big enough 2) not a ripoff or fake
Good to know! I have only started to buy preloved bags recently.... So not aware that I can buy dust bags separately.. but it makes sense!

Hello Ladies / Gents !
I recently bought a Louis Vuitton Eden PM from a reputable website (Fashionphile). The bag itself has a date code manufactured in 2013 but it came with what I considered a vintage dust bag ( the darker brown dust bag with "LV" on it). My question is should I be concerned with getting a vintage dust bag or was that dust bag still in use back in 2013. My research online on other Eden bags shows that it should have come with the updated dust bag - with the " Louis Vuitton" I know this is not a big deal, but I always try to verify authenticity of an item along with accessories (Dust bag, box, straps) I receive. Any advice is greatly appreciated ! TIA :smile:
There's a strong possibility that the previous owner had a few bags from different time frames and that at some point, most likely from rotation or deliberately, the dustbags were switched around. I know that I have a Speedy that's from the late 90's that I put in a newer dustbag since the original was pretty worn-out and a newer Artsy that has been shoved into a vintage dustbag since it's a better fit. Has nothing to do with authenticity but could potentially raise questions if I ever decided to sell in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.