Need opinion/advice on making a decision: WG frivole pave or YG?

CHL

O.G.
Dec 1, 2009
I've been wanting frivole pave pendant for more than a year. Well, I almost bought it early last year, but at the last minute, I got something else.
Now is the time to pull the trigger. :lol: However, it becomes harder to decide because of the newcomer, yg frivole pave.

Say, I have a plan to buy the earrings and pendant. As a set, which combination looks better if I consider the size only? WG pave small pendant + small earrings? or YG pave large pendant + small earrings? Which combination will be better if I wear it together? Frivole pave earring+pendant owners, how often do you wear those together? I'm contemplating between YG and WG since I usually do both.

I saw some people saying frivole is too blingy for everyday use. I think I can definitely wear small WG pave pendant for daily use. But earrings look too blingy for daily use. I'm not sure about large YG pave pendant since it is bigger than WG and I haven't seen it in person. Is YG pave too big or too blingy for everyday use?
Possibility of wearing WG pendant for everyday is a big plus. However, I'm not sure if YG set is better considering the sizes. I'm also not sure whether YG large pave pendant can be worn daily or not.

I agree it is best to visit a boutique and try to get a confidence before buying. But I would like to at least make up my mind before visiting a boutique since I plan to visit there during my travel and I may not have a lot of time to decide.
I have NM carrying Van Cleef near me, but I hate shopping there. Last time when I visited local NM carrying Van Cleef to buy something pretty, without a plan, I found a SA there was not really helpful but so pushy. I didn't want to buy something under a pressure, so I didn't buy anything then. I prefer to shop when I meet a nice SA or shop from online store. So, I'm planning to buy my pendant during my trip, and worried they may not have those in stock.

Sorry for the rambling story. Any opinions welcomed. :wave:

Hi there! I recently tried both of these necklaces. I found the new yellow gold frivole to be too large in scale on me, but i am only 5'2, so that may have something to do with it. :smile: I think the new yellow gold is beautiful, but I can not carry off the size. I adore the small white gold pave pendant and small frivole earrings... vey wearable. I think you should try them to see which you prefer. Happy shopping!!

I think you should just head over to Neimans and try the pieces on. You already know what pieces you are focusing on so perhaps call ahead, make an appointment and tell them what pieces you are interested in.
Once you decide you can either buy from that SA (if they are helpful to you) or wait until your trip.
Either way you will probably need to still think about it. These pieces are lovely but expensive and it sounds like you really want to be sure.
I have the wg pave earrings and (thanks to our Sbelle) wear mine occasionally during the day.
Last week I wore mine with a casual sundress!

This is so so difficult and I am going through a similar dilemma.
I am sorry and I know how you feel, no one enjoys shopping under pressure. I completely agree with TGG, call Neiman Marcus and speak to someone first. They will set the pieces aside and they will most likely treat you well. If you still can't decide, do the same at the VCA where you are travelling to make sure your pieces are available and do the same, go and try them on.

The decision between WG and YG may take a few days / weeks to decide. Take your time!
There are pros and cons to both, and both look stunning!

Whether you wear them during the day or not really depends on your lifestyle. I found that as everyday earrings I cannot wear them, just don't suit my day to day life. However, everyone has a different lifestyle and honestly if you feel comfortable wearing them everyday, then they are good for everyday! It all depends on you and that is a very personal decision. I don't think they would look silly for everyday if you feel comfortable. Good luck :smile:

I am sorry and I know how you feel, no one enjoys shopping under pressure. I completely agree with TGG, call Neiman Marcus and speak to someone first. They will set the pieces aside and they will most likely treat you well. If you still can't decide, do the same at the VCA where you are travelling to make sure your pieces are available and do the same, go and try them on.

The decision between WG and YG may take a few days / weeks to decide. Take your time!

Whether you wear them during the day or not really depends on your lifestyle. I found that as everyday earrings I cannot wear them, just don't suit my day to day life. However, everyone has a different lifestyle and honestly if you feel comfortable wearing them everyday, then they are good for everyday! It all depends on you and that is a very personal decision. I don't think they would look silly for everyday if you feel comfortable. Good luck :smile:
Beautifully said!

Reactions: Coconuts40
Hope this can help u have an idea.
I have an old pic of me trying out the pave frivole earclips (which I bought later) when collecting my frivole pave pendant.

I find it ok to wear them together even though I seldom do it. Reason being there are only total of 3 motifs vs say, vintage Alhambra earclips & a 10-motif necklace which may look busy in my opinion.

Frivole pave earclips are fine to wear daily, no need for special occasion... that's how I justify my purchase... haha

Attachments

• IMG_6633.JPG
    IMG_6633.JPG
    123.5 KB · Views: 966
  • IMG_6634.JPG
    IMG_6634.JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 994
Hi there! I recently tried both of these necklaces. I found the new yellow gold frivole to be too large in scale on me, but i am only 5'2, so that may have something to do with it. :smile: I think the new yellow gold is beautiful, but I can not carry off the size. I adore the small white gold pave pendant and small frivole earrings... vey wearable. I think you should try them to see which you prefer. Happy shopping!!

+1 on this.

It also depends on whether the smaller wg frivole pave pendant or the larger yg frivole pave pendant looks better on u.

I haven't got the chance yet to try so can't make any comments on yg frivole pave.

Hi luckylove, thank you for the message. I'm about the same height as you and I was wondering if yg frivole might be too large for everyday use. I definitely should check yg size. :smile: I saw you are also considering your next purchase. Hope you find the one you like most!

I think you should just head over to Neimans and try the pieces on. You already know what pieces you are focusing on so perhaps call ahead, make an appointment and tell them what pieces you are interested in.
Once you decide you can either buy from that SA (if they are helpful to you) or wait until your trip.
Either way you will probably need to still think about it. These pieces are lovely but expensive and it sounds like you really want to be sure.
I have the wg pave earrings and (thanks to our Sbelle) wear mine occasionally during the day.
Last week I wore mine with a casual sundress!
Thank you texasgirliegirl. Yeah, you are right. I want to make sure probably because it's an expensive piece, :smile: My next trip is now scheduled, and I was contemplating whether I should check local NM first or wait until the trip. Probably this time, I will give a try at local NM first. :smile:

Thank you Coconuts40! Maybe I should try them on first and try to make a decision without rushing. Last time, when I visited local NM, I really hated that the SA wanted me to buy it at that day. I was considering a piece less expensive than frivole, but I found the frivole was actually still pretty, and started to contemplating between two. She kept recommending frivole and asking if I wanted to take the frivole at that day. So pushy. Well, as a result, she couldn't sell anything to me. But this time, I will try to enjoy the process to make a decision :smile: Thank you!

Beautifully said!
Agreed!

Hope this can help u have an idea.
I have an old pic of me trying out the pave frivole earclips (which I bought later) when collecting my frivole pave pendant.

I find it ok to wear them together even though I seldom do it. Reason being there are only total of 3 motifs vs say, vintage Alhambra earclips & a 10-motif necklace which may look busy in my opinion.

Frivole pave earclips are fine to wear daily, no need for special occasion... that's how I justify my purchase... haha

+1 on this.

It also depends on whether the smaller wg frivole pave pendant or the larger yg frivole pave pendant looks better on u.

I haven't got the chance yet to try so can't make any comments on yg frivole pave.
Thank you valnsw! Actually your pics really helps! If you seldomly wear those together, may I ask which piece do you wear more often? and which piece is your favorite? :smile: Those looks so beautiful on you, btw! Looks very feminine!

Thank you valnsw! Actually your pics really helps! If you seldomly wear those together, may I ask which piece do you wear more often? and which piece is your favorite? :smile: Those looks so beautiful on you, btw! Looks very feminine!

So far I tend to wear my frivole pave earclips more than the pendant. Or rather amongst all my vca pieces, I wear earrings the most because I will almost always wear them. Pendant and/or necklace is next since it depends on the neckline of the outfit I'm wearing.

I'm more of a earrings + pendant gal as one dear friend noticed.

Reactions: lovevca
I've been wanting frivole pave pendant for more than a year. Well, I almost bought it early last year, but at the last minute, I got something else.
Now is the time to pull the trigger. :lol: However, it becomes harder to decide because of the newcomer, yg frivole pave.

Say, I have a plan to buy the earrings and pendant. As a set, which combination looks better if I consider the size only? WG pave small pendant + small earrings? or YG pave large pendant + small earrings? Which combination will be better if I wear it together? Frivole pave earring+pendant owners, how often do you wear those together? I'm contemplating between YG and WG since I usually do both.

I saw some people saying frivole is too blingy for everyday use. I think I can definitely wear small WG pave pendant for daily use. But earrings look too blingy for daily use. I'm not sure about large YG pave pendant since it is bigger than WG and I haven't seen it in person. Is YG pave too big or too blingy for everyday use?
Possibility of wearing WG pendant for everyday is a big plus. However, I'm not sure if YG set is better considering the sizes. I'm also not sure whether YG large pave pendant can be worn daily or not.

I agree it is best to visit a boutique and try to get a confidence before buying. But I would like to at least make up my mind before visiting a boutique since I plan to visit there during my travel and I may not have a lot of time to decide.
I have NM carrying Van Cleef near me, but I hate shopping there. Last time when I visited local NM carrying Van Cleef to buy something pretty, without a plan, I found a SA there was not really helpful but so pushy. I didn't want to buy something under a pressure, so I didn't buy anything then. I prefer to shop when I meet a nice SA or shop from online store. So, I'm planning to buy my pendant during my trip, and worried they may not have those in stock.

One thing I've done recently is order items online -- it gives me a chance to try different options at home with far less stress and a full refund rather than a store credit. While I know you can often buy things from the boutique on approval, I find the anonymity easier and returning the items (which I've mainly done) hassle free, though refunds take a while. Of course that only works if the items are available online.... and you can stomach the temporarily inflated credit card balance.

Last edited:
I think YG is the essence of the whole Frivole collection. Of course based on different ppl's complexions, WG might work better. So if you can rock both metals, I suggest going for YG. The flower looks "warmer" with YG.

Unlike you, I'm more of a ring/ earrings kind of girl, rather than pendant/ earrings. Because I think the flowers on the ears and the neck is a bit busy. You can always start with the earrings first, then build up your collection.

Reactions: mad_for_chanel
I think YG is the essence of the whole Frivole collection. Of course based on different ppl's complexions, WG might work better. So if you can rock both metals, I suggest going for YG. The flower looks "warmer" with YG.

Unlike you, I'm more of a ring/ earrings kind of girl, rather than pendant/ earrings. Because I think the flowers on the ears and the neck is a bit busy. You can always start with the earrings first, then build up your collection.
I feel the same way. I wear my large frivole earrings with the yg frivole between the fingers ring and I love being able to look at the flowers throughout the day, though it's not the most practical because I worry about scratching it and it also gets caught on things.

Curious if you also prefer yg over wg for the pave frivole earrings?

I feel the same way. I wear my large frivole earrings with the yg frivole between the fingers ring and I love being able to look at the flowers throughout the day, though it's not the most practical because I worry about scratching it and it also gets caught on things.

Curious if you also prefer yg over wg for the pave frivole earrings?

For pave frivole earrings due to the large number of diamonds, I prefer WG. But if you're simply going for the simple frivole collection, I'd say YG. Cheers. :smile::smile::smile:

Thank you Grande Latte for your kind reply. Please though forgive me for being a little dense (and completely indecisive!) but could you clarify why the large number of diamonds makes you favor wg for the pave earrings?

Reactions: BBC

Hi CHL I know this is an older post but just wondering what you ended up deciding?