Need LV Advice

i'm with yeux on this one. I also live in a city where fakes are everywhere. the good the bad and the ugly fakes at that. If you know they are real thats all that matters and other people who own real ones know whats what. So if you want the bag for you and because you love it, go for it and welcome to tPF

I don't care if people on the street think that my bag is fake because I'll probably never even know if they do! I ride the fence on whether I want acquaintances to know, though. Sometimes it's better for the authenticity to be questionable - especially when riding the subway or shopping.

Welcome to PF!!!

I think you should just buy whichever bag you LOVE the most and have always wanted for months. Question: are you getting the Speedy because you really like it OR because everyone else is (thus the fakes) since it's a "classic"? If the latter, then I'd advise you not to buy it because you're just going for the "look". The reason why I'm asking is that some of my friends whom I've known for years have never liked the Speedy at all when we first got into knowing LV, but later on they converted simply because everybody else is carrying them and I don't agree with this attitude. Now back to your question, if you want to avoid fakes, then simply buy a less well-known style for the same quality as the Speedy. Eg: I think the Recital looks fab and not many ppl carry it.