Need Input--Please Help!

Jan 10, 2006
Ok, I'm trying to be practical.... So here's the dilemma...

Bought a GD in what I think will be chocolate brown Drape/Charlotte--it was from BG and think that's all they carry.... So I'm waiting for it to come in.

I bought a Burberry Prorsum, here's a link to my thread:

http://forum.purseblog.com/showthread.php?t=3491&highlight=Prorsum

NOW I just was able to track down a Spring 06 regular leather Black Stam. But I also maybe able to find a Sac Plat Cerise. I'd love to have an LV cerise... But there are absolutely NO speedy's left with LV and I don't want to go through ebay....

So I think getting 3 purses for over $1k/each is too much. Especially in the span of less than a month. I need to be some what practical.

With the GD if I don't absolutely LOVE it, it'll just go back, so I'm not keeping it in the "mix" of my decision making...

However, I need to pick between the Burberry Prorsum, black MJ Stam, and the LV Sac Plat. What would you guys do? At most I can keep 2 of the 3. I'm attracted to the Burberry b/c it's NOT a common bag. I've been eyeing the Stam for awhile, but I'm not sure if I'll love it.... And the Sac Plat would be nice b/c of the pretty cherries! What would you do?

I don't think I can be that much help, because, right now, I am LOVING the Stam, especially in black. That would be my first choice of the three. (I can't wait to see pics of your GD.)

Well, I've seen LV Sac Plat and while the cherries are cute it just doesn't seem very practical enough to buy (something about it being so flat?). It looks like a shopping bag instead of a purse, I saw it on that show Meet the Barkers too. I think you should stick to either the Burberry which is unique looking and I'm not a big Burberry fan (only have one in the antique gold speedy style) or the MJ Stam, that bag in black is starting to grow on me....a friend of mine has one and it is gorgeous inperson.

My vote is for the Stam...I think it's really nice (have you seen it in person....so buttery soft!!). I'm not a fan of Burberry bags in general, but don't mind the one you liked to. And, as much as I like LV in general, I like the other two choices better.

wickedassin said:
Ok, I'm trying to be practical.... So here's the dilemma...

Bought a GD in what I think will be chocolate brown Drape/Charlotte--it was from BG and think that's all they carry.... So I'm waiting for it to come in.

I bought a Burberry Prorsum, here's a link to my thread:

http://forum.purseblog.com/showthread.php?t=3491&highlight=Prorsum

NOW I just was able to track down a Spring 06 regular leather Black Stam. But I also maybe able to find a Sac Plat Cerise. I'd love to have an LV cerise... But there are absolutely NO speedy's left with LV and I don't want to go through ebay....

So I think getting 3 purses for over $1k/each is too much. Especially in the span of less than a month. I need to be some what practical.

With the GD if I don't absolutely LOVE it, it'll just go back, so I'm not keeping it in the "mix" of my decision making...

However, I need to pick between the Burberry Prorsum, black MJ Stam, and the LV Sac Plat. What would you guys do? At most I can keep 2 of the 3. I'm attracted to the Burberry b/c it's NOT a common bag. I've been eyeing the Stam for awhile, but I'm not sure if I'll love it.... And the Sac Plat would be nice b/c of the pretty cherries! What would you do?

I think the burberry is quite beautiful and it's not too common. I've heard the stam is somewhat heavy, so that may effect your decision making. I'm a sucker for LV cerises series. It's so cute, but the bag shape does not seem so practical. Now if you could get a speedy, then no problem

The burberry seems to have the same metal action as the MJ stam.

Don't know if this helps....The upside is what a nice dilemma to have!

Thanks for everyone's input! I made a decision. I'm keeping the Burberry--it's very unique and it does have the metal action as the Stam. Saw the Stam in black, but it just didn't do it for me. I think my heart's set on a green patent Stam which doesn't exist! So the black Stam is out for me....

And I got the LV cerise! The Sac Plat is a weird shape/size. But I swear it might make me look thinner! And those big cherry faces are soooo cute. So I now have my Valentine's Day present to me since I won't otherwise be getting a Valentine :P

So the count is Burberry Prorsum in, Sac Plat in. No black MJ Stam for me. Maybe one day if it ever comes in green patent! And still waiting for that GD. I think it might be coming by horse and buggy from NY!

Btw, feel free to tell me I screwed up! :P

I would go for the Stam first, the Burberry second and the LV third. The Stam is an absolutely gorgeous bag. You would probably have to pry it out of my fingers to get me to return it!

Tell us what you decide in the end!

BalenciagaLove said:
I would go for the Stam first, the Burberry second and the LV third. The Stam is an absolutely gorgeous bag. You would probably have to pry it out of my fingers to get me to return it!

Tell us what you decide in the end!

I got the Sac Plat--the cherries made me happy and I actually like the style. A SA had her speedy 25 cerise and I didn't like it. The cherries are much smaller...

I saw the Stam in person and the black just didn't do it for me. I think I'm just going to pass on the Stam unless it comes in green patent. For some reason, that's the only color I'm interested in!

And I'm keeping the Burberry--I think it's a unique look and would actually be a good carry-on bag for trips as time goes by. In the meantime, it'll be my fun, funky purse!

wickedassin said:
I got the Sac Plat--the cherries made me happy and I actually like the style. A SA had her speedy 25 cerise and I didn't like it. The cherries are much smaller...

I saw the Stam in person and the black just didn't do it for me. I think I'm just going to pass on the Stam unless it comes in green patent. For some reason, that's the only color I'm interested in!

And I'm keeping the Burberry--I think it's a unique look and would actually be a good carry-on bag for trips as time goes by. In the meantime, it'll be my fun, funky purse!

yay for you. Sounds like you made the right decision. I love the cherries as well! What cute v-day gift for yourself. Good for you!

Inky Paws said:
Burberry & MJ Stam! Everyone has LV's!

I'm returning the Stam as soon as it arrives. I hope DHL gets it here soon--I'd like someone who wants the Stam to get it. I'm 90% sure I'll keep the Burberry--I just wish I could see the Fendi B.bag to compare... And I'm keeping the LV cerise sac plat. It's not a common style and it just makes me happy!