Need input - normal for new Poppy leather glam tote?

GoStanford

O.G.
Jun 28, 2012
Hi - need your input. Just got a new Poppy leather glam tote in camellia off eb@y. Seller was really prompt and has a large shop. I posted a pic last night but did my careful daylight inspection. There are veins and variations as expected and even a corner scuff I am OK with. However it looks like the edge coating is peeling on a corner and I can see something white poking out. Is that normal? Will it get worse? I contacted seller also to ask about an exchange.

image-396614051.jpg

Hopefully you can see what I mean. If it is not obvious then great, but I still am concerned it will get worse.

I'm not sure if its normal but this is why I won't buy that type of leather. It looks like glue down in the corner to me. I'd def try to exchange but the waxed leather will look worn like that and scratch.

I'm not sure if its normal but this is why I won't buy that type of leather. It looks like glue down in the corner to me. I'd def try to exchange but the waxed leather will look worn like that and scratch.

Actually I don't mind the scratched/aged look on this type of leather - reminds me of an aged leather jacket or "crackle" glaze on ceramics. I am concerned about the white stuff poking out from under the edge coating in the corner. I checked another bag I have (not Coach, but Tano) also with this type of leather, and it also has an area with some white material closely cut to the edge of the bag. It reminds me of some of the white basting tape - something like that - I've seen in older glove-tanned Coach bags. Maybe it's part of the manufacturing process, but any of you with Poppy leather glam totes, please also chime in.