Need help....

1. Neiman Marcus
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Hi,

I'm looking at getting a bag for my girlfriend. Now, I know she loves the Mulberry Roxanne. This would make the decision easy. She’s dropped a hint about a lady who we saw with one so know she’d be happy with it. She doesn’t go over the £200 mark when shopping for bags so I’ve no idea if she would know what she could have if she had a bit more money. I guess she likes the Mulberry because it’s within her reach – her student loan would cover it!!

So, I’d like to surprise her and not get what she might expect (not that she’d be expecting me to get her a bag). I’ve been thinking of getting the Dior Gaucho. If I was choosing I’d be getting the double in black (best to go with everything and it’s a timeless colour). I’m hesitating because I worry; firstly will this bag be too big? It looks quite large and I’m a bit worried it’ll be too big. My next question is, would a girl who finds the Roxanne attractive like the Gaucho? I’m thinking it borders on the Footballer’s Wife look.

My other option is to go for the Emmy. It’s a Mulberry so I know I’m in the right department. My concern with this bag is the flap on top. It seems a really stupid design. How can you get in to this thing?!?!

I’m sure you can understand why I want to get this right :yes:

Thanks very much for any advice you can give me

2. Well the Roxanne is kind of utiliatarian looking w/ the cargo pockets and thick leather. . . the Gaucho is opposite.
    BUT, I LOVE both!
    I'd personally surprise her w/ the one you know she's been coveting, I'd get her the Roxanne.

3. Best to get her the one she has hinted at. I agree, the Gaucho ia a bit 'footballers wife/ essex girl.

4. Thank you so much for the replies. At least I know I won't be getting it wrong if I go for the Roxanne - saves me a few pennies too :smile:

5. exactly.. save urself a few pennies, and make ur friend extra happy.

so we CAN eat our cake and have it too.. woot haha

6. Definitely get her the Roxanne.

7. I would def. go for the roxanne....if you wanted to do a surprise, what about something tucked inside the bag. From something predictable like a wallet or a cosmetic bag...to gift certificate to supper, show, etc

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice