Need help with tinted moisturizers.....

Dec 26, 2006
Please help! I've been using Bobbi Brown's tinted moisturizer in the tube for about a month and recently found out the the SPF has been causing all my major out breaks! I love the sheerness of the product, but the SPF is cloging my pores like crazy!

Does anyone use a tinited moisterizer without SPF or no of a brand that does?

TIA!:flowers::flowers:

Are you sure that it is the SPF and not the silicones? If you are not sure then try The Physicians Formula tinted moisturizer, it has the SPF, but not the silicones, that may be an option for you!

I've been using both Laura Mercier and Kiehl's tinted moisturizers wich have SPF but they never made me break out and I have acne prone skin. Maybe try changing to another brand to see if that helps.

I use the Laura Mercier Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer - it does have an SPF of 15, but I don't think SPF is what breaks people out. Its usually something like the silicones in the product - or if it's not oil free. I've never broken out from the Laura Mercier, it gives a good amount of coverage for a TM too - it's definitely a favorite.

I have tried Bobbi Brown and Laura Mercier, and would def. take the LM product over the BB one any day (and I am a major BB fan). Why not ask for a sample and see how the LM works? I would recommend the Oil-free - I have oily skin and it is fantastic!

About 3 weeks ago I bought some color supplement from www.lush.com --I went on the site and ordered from the UK site because prices are cheaper. The product was listed under NEW items. This product allows you to mix it with any facial moisturizer to get the shade/coverage you want. I love this product. Some days I just need a very light moisturizer and I also can mix it with my SPF face cream. I have had no issues with breakouts. I bought the light pink and light yellow color and they both work well on my fair skin. I may get the darker pink for summer. I like the option of having a product I can mix with skin creams that work for me. I hate to buy products that don't work and then I wasted $$ on them. I seem to get itchy skin on my face from certain products so I am pretty hesitant to spend big $$ on new things. I love tinted moisturizers and like the thought that I can just make my own with this product. Lush also has a new all over body tinted skin color product out when you first click on the site but I will wait for reviews on this product until I decide if it is worth trying.

I've been making my own tinted moisturizer lately. I use Olay and mix it in a small jar (usually the jar the moisturizer or foundaton comes in) with my favorite liquid foundation (Chanel or Revlon). I haven't had any problems with it since I know what moisturizers/foundations work for me.