Need help with sizes! Custom LP size 3 (L) or 4 (XL)??

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Mar 25, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
    I'm a longchamp newbie, so I'm hoping to get your help regarding the appropriate size (either 3 or 4) for a custom nylon LP!

I'm going to be flying to france this summer and I'm hoping to get away with doing carry-on only (small rolling suitcase plus handbag). I already have a small carry-on rolling suitcase that fits in the overhead compartment. I was thinking of getting a custom longchamp nylon le pliage for my personal item/handbag (which I would stash under my seat). I'm wondering whether I should get the size 3 (large) or 4 (x-large). Does anyone here know which size is most comparable to an LV neverfull GM? Basically, I want the biggest bag that can fit under an airline seat (thus qualifying as a personal item rather than carry-on luggage). Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

2. Perhaps just compare the bag measurements from longchamp.com to the personal-item requirements listed on your airline's website, keeping in mind whether or not you intend on stuffing the bag full?

Attached Files:

3. I have the same dilemma. I'm also traveling to France this summer & plan to carry just a tote and carry on suitcase. I plan to purchase a Longchamp instead of carrying LV.

I watched the following Youtubers comparison videos of the Le Pliage and the Neverfull MM. I didn't see any Neverfull GM comparisons. After viewing these videos I think the large Le Pliage will suit my purpose. Good Luck!

Kayla_K
    Maddieshops
    NastasiaM53
    shecriedpeace

4. Thanks so much for your help!!

5. I have a size 3 custom LP and it's about the same size as the LLH. If you want to do just hand luggage, I recommend getting the size 4 with LH. It's one of the LC bags that's on my "to buy" shortlist. :smile: