Need help with resolving ebay problem with hot pink city!

Hi ladies,
I already posted pictures of the bag in question in the authenticate this forum, but I was wondering if I could get some clarification as to whether a real balenciaga bag is vinyl-like (thin) in feel, and whether there are bits of rubber that peel off from the edges of the handle? (also are there sometimes bits of pink rubber on the hardware?) I was super excited about this bag initially, but then I got an email from ebay saying the bag I purchased may be fake and that I could file a claim to get my money back. I was concerned and contacted the seller who was very quick to respond saying that the bag was indeed authentic and that they would call ebay (the seller has a excellent record). She promptly emailed again saying that ebay confirmed that they had made a mistake and that ebay would contact me, which they did. They claimed that they had made a mistake and that the bag was indeed authentic. I don't understand how ebay could make a claim like that when they never even looked at the bag which really upsets me. I actually live in korea right now, but my mother was able to ship the bag to me through a friend and I just received the bag today. I just had a feeling that something was wrong with the bag, but couldn't put my finger on what it was. I started doing some research on the purse forum and realized that the bag I received has a lot of red flags.
Red Flags
1. the peeling rubber? 2. the numbering on the plaque is different from other pictures of authentic bags (the number 1 on my bag has a different font than the others) 3. pink rubber paint on the hardware 4. The number 3666 on the back of the plaque (WHich other members have said is notorius for fake bags.
What confuses me however, is that if it is fake, its a very good fake. It has the lampo zipper, antique looking hardware, soft leather that collapses (but I guess that could be because its vinyl?), and the threading is very good in most places, but one spot is shoddy.
Is there anyone that can tell me whether or not I'm just being paranoid and should "enjoy my new authentic bag" as ebay put it?

O my goodness. I didn't know ebay could contact you like that (vs you do a dispute) and would not knowing for sure!!!! I guess that's good. Sorry you have to deal with this though. I would personally probably go get my money back... unless you got such a deal that it was a steal and you still think it's authentic. Good luck

Unless it was disclosed in the listing, I think you could also file a claim through paypal (if that's how you paid) based on the paint(:wtf:??) on the hardware. Definitely a defect, even if ebay won't acknowledge the lack of authenticity.

I thought this bag was already deemed to be unauthentic on the Auth. thread.

Since ebay somehow thinks it's authentic.. your best be would be follow what HandbagAngel said...

- Check out the ebay forum - since there are similar cases (w/ ebay deeming items authentic) & see what actions other members have taken

- Obtain an authentication from Caroldiva.com

G-luck~!

I am so upset, I just got a response from the seller who is sticking to her story that the bag she sold me was authentic and that if it's not it is because I switched it with a fake one? WHere would I even find one in hot pink? I just sent her detailed pictures of the bag that she asked for but apparently if its fake, it's not from her!

pls5- I actually got a really great deal if it were authentic, but i just received a verdict on the authenticate this forum and it is apparently very fake. There were no if, ands, or more pictures please. Just a firm "its fake", which I'm actually incredibly greatful for so now I can move on and resolve this situation.

cali-to-ny- its not paint really, rather residual pink rubber glue from where they put rubber on the handles to seal it together. I'd rather they gave me an authentic bag rather than getting my money back, but at the rate people are being hasseled by ebay, I guess I'll have to settle for either.

I totally should have checked the authenticate this site as oogie woogie said, but I guess I'll have to learn from my mistakes. Thanks for your replies! It really helped cool me down and now that I have some options, i guess I'll have to focus on that. Ebay just emailed me saying I had seven days to resolve the situation with the seller, but I don't think that's going to work. The seller has made it clear with their "expertise" in the handbag industry, they are sure that the bag was authentic. Thanks again!

carol's speciality is LV, and, from memory, she deemed a balenciaga fake when it was the real deal.
i do hope this problem gets sorted! all the best,ilovetoshop!

pls5- I actually got a really great deal if it were authentic, but i just received a verdict on the authenticate this forum and it is apparently very fake. There were no if, ands, or more pictures please. Just a firm "its fake", which I'm actually incredibly greatful for so now I can move on and resolve this situation.

cali-to-ny- its not paint really, rather residual pink rubber glue from where they put rubber on the handles to seal it together. I'd rather they gave me an authentic bag rather than getting my money back, but at the rate people are being hasseled by ebay, I guess I'll have to settle for either.

I totally should have checked the authenticate this site as oogie woogie said, but I guess I'll have to learn from my mistakes. Thanks for your replies! It really helped cool me down and now that I have some options, i guess I'll have to focus on that. Ebay just emailed me saying I had seven days to resolve the situation with the seller, but I don't think that's going to work. The seller has made it clear with their "expertise" in the handbag industry, they are sure that the bag was authentic. Thanks again!

OP - It doesn't matter what the seller tells you - if the bag is proven to be fake the seller has to accept the return when you win the claim. Stick this out and return the bag!

OP - It doesn't matter what the seller tells you - if the bag is proven to be fake the seller has to accept the return when you win the claim. Stick this out and return the bag!
ita with magjes, just open a snad with paypal and i am sure you will get your money back ..the bag you received is a very obvious fake (i think this thread should be moved to ebay main forum....)

These are additional pictures because the seller wants to confirm that I didn't switch the bag with something else. She definitely wants to believe that this is an authentic bag. But what happens if she tries to sell this bag again? It's obviously fake? Who will get duped next? Is there anything I can do to prevent that? SHe's willing to provide a refund.

Attachments

• bag 3 001.jpg
    bag 3 001.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 112
  • bag 3 002.jpg
    bag 3 002.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 97
  • bag 3 003.jpg
    bag 3 003.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 96
  • bag 3 004.jpg
    bag 3 004.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 120
  • bag 3 005.jpg
    bag 3 005.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 105
The zippers DO have the lampo stamp, which is what confused me at first. The craftsmanship in certain areas are good, but there are spots where its definietly shoddy. I already posted on authenticate this, and the verdict was fake, but I already suspected this because the hardware is different than authentic ones, and I don't think balenciaga would have such bad quality control that pink rubber would be left on the harware. (It's actually hard to see because it's near the leather strap). I could actually understand why the seller would think it was real (also the consigner told the seller she swears she purchased this bag at the NY boutique), her being only fleetingly familiar with b bags. BTW it was supposed to be a new bag, which i don't don't doubt. Its just not an authentic bag. It didn't come with any tags except their tag apparently to prevent returns, but once ebay swore it was authentic, my mom had it brought to me (different country) minus the tag. Wasn't expecting a problem since I assumed that ebay would have checked, before making this statement. Also I guess the seller's rating gave me some peace of mind. I won't be making that mistake again.