Need help with resolving ebay problem with hot pink city!

Also the number one lettering on my bag is different from all the other authentic ones. Authentic ones have a single line for the one (like this l) wheras mine looks like this 1 (minus the line at the bottom).

Would it be possible for a balenciaga expert to explain in detail why they know this bag to be fake? I emailed the seller the url for this thread, so I'd like her to read someone's expert opinion rather than mine. Thanks again for all your support.

Would it be possible for a balenciaga expert to explain in detail why they know this bag to be fake? I emailed the seller the url for this thread, so I'd like her to read someone's expert opinion rather than mine. Thanks again for all your support.
I would not even bother with this. Find someone that you can get a professional opinion from (that Paypal/Ebay will accept) and go from there. No one is going to go into full detail on this site - more info=better scammers.

If your seller references threads/sites about Bal, she/he should be able to see the glaringly obvious tell tale sign(s).

Good luck!

Last edited:
Thanks. I guess that is totally true. I guess the more I communicate with her the more upset I get. She just wrote an email stating that I slandered her all over this board and that I may have switched this bag with a fake as I am in Asia right now. That the people on this board are not professional authenticators. The list goes on. Now I'm worried that when I send the bag back, she will claim it is not the same. Ebay deleted the listing because of the possiblilty that it was fake after I already purchased the bag, now I don't even have access to the pictures of it that she took.

I am so sorry this is happening to you OP. I understand your worries about her claiming it is a different bag, but just take lots of pics before you send...And do you still have pics from her listing?? Then you can show these as proof...
I hope this gets solved quickly!

Thanks. I guess that is totally true. I guess the more I communicate with her the more upset I get. She just wrote an email stating that I slandered her all over this board and that I may have switched this bag with a fake as I am in Asia right now. That the people on this board are not professional authenticators. The list goes on. Now I'm worried that when I send the bag back, she will claim it is not the same. Ebay deleted the listing because of the possiblilty that it was fake after I already purchased the bag, now I don't even have access to the pictures of it that she took.
i am sorry :as balenciaga authenticator , i can assure you ,that this is a very obvious fake !

you can get an authentication letter from caroldiva:it is a professional authenticator and you can use the letter on your paypal claim . i am sure you will win and get your money back ..did you open a SNAD on paypal?

good luck!
i just had to return a lv bag that tpf helped me authenticate (or de-authenticate), the seller let me return it but still doesn't believe its fake claiming its "good quality" but did admit to selling another fake lv that a buyer had to point out why it was fake. some people just don't believe it could be fake, or they r lying through their teeth

I'm sorry ilovetoshopgirl-

Your bag is most definitely a replica. The reason that you were not asked for more photos in the Authenticate This thread is because no more photos are needed. It's an obvious fake and I am really sorry to say it. The faksters have been making replicas with lampo zippers for years, that doesn't mean anything unfortunately. There are some fake bags out there that are nearly identical to authentic bags, this is not one of them however.

I urge you to open a new thread about how to get you money back and any recourse you may have at this time. I am closing this thread because we do not allow authenticate this questions in the ebay section. If you have further questions about the AT process feel free to post in the ATB thread. I promise the ladies in there are very helpful. What you really need though, at this time, is to figure out how to get your money back! :yes:

Besides the fact that the leather on your bag is plastic looking, the hardware color is off and there is horrible paint all over the hardware?

How about the fact that your tag has a "C" after the numbers on the middle row of the plaque. That indicates that this is a 2004 season bag. Hot pink was not a color offered in 2004 and it's quite obvious that this is no 2004 bag.

Here is a good thread to read:
http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga-reference-library/how-to-read-a-balenciaga-tag-145452.html

Actually, I will leave this thread open but the conversation needs to change from authenticating to ebay/ paypal recourse. :flowers:

Thanks!

Last edited:
OP-

Did you pay with CC? YOu can do a chargeback if the seller is not cooperative. In some instances they will have the original bag (that was deemed fake) destroyed since it is supposed to be illegal to ship counterfeit goods.

Also, if the seller is reading this thread, do not post any information here that could be used against you. You need to keep the upper hand in this situation. Please look at the thread above and get a letter determining that the bag is not authentic. I think the fact that ebay removed the listing already is a great sign.

Stop communicating with your seller and just file with Pay Pal or your credit card company now.

The advantage of filing with your credit card company is that they may not require that you return that piece of carp fake to the seller - and instead may instruct you to just destroy it.

When you file with Pay Pal - if that's the route you take - you can call them after filing and give them a link to this thread where the bag was confirmed a counterfeit, and also advise them that the auction on Ebay was REMOVED because it was reported counterfeit.

You should have no problem getting a refund.

AFTER you get your money, leave an appropriate NEGATIVE for this seller so other buyers are warned to be very careful when dealing with this seller.

thanks everyone. I did open a claim with ebay, however they are allowing 7 days to resolve the problem with the seller. The problem I have now is that I can escalate the case, but in that situation I would have to go along with ebays final decision. The issue I have with that is the fact that although they did initially remove the listing, they then wrote a letter to me at the sellers request to tell me that the bag was indeed authentic. How do I trust ebay after that? The seller insisted that they have their own set of authenticators and that is how they deemed it to be authentic. Yeah right. Now I'm afraid to trust ebays decision, and I don't trust the seller anymore as I gave her the url for the authenticate this section where I posted pictures of the bag, as well as this thread and yet she still insists that her bag is authentic. She is offering a return for the bag, but not shipping. I've been searching for a number that I can reach ebay so that I could refer them here, but there is no number. I just want to know how they can remove the listing then email me saying that it is real.
Someone suggested I go through paypal or the credit card company. Would that be a better option for me at this point? I could return it to the seller minus the cost of shipping (at this point $50 lost seems like a lesson learned to me) but I am sure that she would try to sell it again. Then someone else would be in my situation.

Keep your claim open with ebay. State that you are certain the bag is fake. Point out that the listing was taken down and is still down. If ebay requests more proof that the bag is not authentic, use one of the authenticators mentioned in post 26. The fact that the seller has agreed to a return/refund should make this claim fairly easy to process. Follow ebay's instructions. Make sure you get signature confirmation and insurance on the return shipment. Do not close the case until you get your money back. I would suggest you hold off doing a chargeback on your credit card. This could muck up the ebay claim. Only do a chargeback as a last resort if the ebay claim doesn't work out (which I'm sure it will). You should get the original shipping back but not the return shipping. Good luck.