Need help with outfit please!!

May 25, 2006
So I have my sons christening in 3 weeks I have no idea what to wear. I was at a local boutique yesterday and I seen this top. They had it in white and colbalt blue. I was thinking of doing the colbalt with a cream pencil skirt and nude pumps and a statement necklace. Or do I do the white with a black skirt or blue skirt? It comes in a little through the waist and does a peplum but not a lot, has buttons down the back,ImageUploadedByPurseForum1401988431.374218.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1401988441.195391.jpg
The sides are pleated and it's silk. It's really pretty! Or do I just do something completely different like a fit and flare dress?
Here is the top and a fit and flare I've been eyeing

Thanks ladies! I actually went to nordstrom and tried on that dress and let me tell you it was terrible looking on. It puff out so much and made me look bigger than I am. So I found a white pencil skirt from Tahari and it looks amazing on! And It has a really cute zipper going down the back. So I'm doing that skirt with the blue top.

So if I do a white pencil skirt and the colbalt blue top what shoes should I do? A peep toe pump or sandal? And should I do nude or black? I'm open to suggesting if anyone knows of any should that would look good!

I don't think anything white is a good idea; while it may look fresh, one mark on that skirt and your photographs will be ruined :rolleyes: I would play it safe with a patterned or dark coloured skirt or dress to be on the safe side.

And to answer your question, if you are wearing the white skirt, absolutely nude (skintone) heels.

I wanted to ask you ladies what do you think if I didn't do the blue top and exchanged it for black color instead? Do you think the black top would be bad to do with the white pencil skirt? Or stick with the colbalt blue? Opinions please ;)

I like the Blue and white idea if you have boys - I'd also be afraid of marks, but, hey, with little kids, when do you have a chance to dress up, if not at the christening? I'd also go with nude shoes, unless you find something in the same cream as your skirt. Will you be wearing a hat or faszinator?

I like the Blue and white idea if you have boys - I'd also be afraid of marks, but, hey, with little kids, when do you have a chance to dress up, if not at the christening? I'd also go with nude shoes, unless you find something in the same cream as your skirt. Will you be wearing a hat or faszinator?

No I won't be wearing a hat or anything. I found a pair of shoes that are a dove/white on the back and black strap. These are them and I got a house of Harlow necklace that has the blue and some green, gold, cream it's really pretty. I'm not sure if I should still do the blue shirt or go with the same one but in black. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1402964062.311980.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1402964072.369839.jpg