Need help with next purchase, thanks!

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. sorry for starting all these threads, but i really need your help!

I'm selling some bags online and expect to have some money to spend soon... :biggrin:
    i figured i'm missing a real crossbody bag
    my boulogne and evora mm both hits higher on my waist instead and
    my trotteur is a bit small for my needs

i've got a couple of options:
    1. de speedy b 35
    - buying new
    - pro is that i can use the long strap on evora mm, so i will have 2 big crossbody bag :graucho:
    - all weather

2. Preloved monogram saumur
    - less money since its preloved, fly under the radar so that i dont have to make dh go to louis with me
    - its preloved so i dont have to worry about it too much...but still i would be afraid to wear it when its raining/snowing real bad
    - con - older style, older look

3. Bloomsbury
    - probably be buying new
    - afraid pm will be too small
    - gotta find preloved if i want gm... but will gm be to similar to my evora mm?
    - all weather

4. Totally MM
    - not a crossbody but i think i do need a super comfy tote
    - but would it be too similar to my other monogram shoulder bags? do i have too much monogram bags?

5. Palermo GM
    - love it, owned it briefly but still love it
    - love the details on it but it looks real similar to my tivoli gm
    - dont like palermo pm bcoz it doesnt have the details on buckles
    - too big
    - like the long shoulder strap
    - think i need a tote
    - do i have too much monogram bags?

* i wanna buy online bcoz i'll lose some $$ on exchange rates when i transfer money from paypal *

what do you think?
    any other suggestions?

thanks for your help :heart:

2. I will go for DE Speedy B. Not sure if 35 is too big for a crossbody and it is going to look nice on it. Perhaps you could see what other TPFers who have 35 got to say. For me, I have an Idylle Speedy 30 and it fits me well as a crossbody. I used it a lot when I bring DDs out for excursions. It is a great bag and not as "clumsy" as carrying an Artsy or Totally especially when going out on excursions. I even carry it with me when we went on a 10 days Cruise recently. However, I wished I have a DE Eva to go along when we go for day tours as I only have to carry my wallet and phone :sad:

3. I love my Totally MM so I'm probably biased...but honestly it's a GREAT bag. It's the perfect size for all my "pack rat" needs and the outside pockets are great. It's also a very comfortable carry. I also need a cross body bag and the Bloomsbury is my top choice...will probably be my next purchase.

4. I agree, but perhaps a 30. I have a 35 B DE coz I love big bags, I carry a hell lot of stuff and I know that with the classic Speedy, my Azur 35 was the perfect size. :smile:
    Buuuuut with Speedy B, with regards to wearing it as a shoulder bag or crossbody, I would recommend the 30. If I had the option to swap mine back I would :sweatdrop:

5. Speedy b because you can use it as handheld.

6. Thanks! I had my mind set on 35 bcoz i'm a mommy of 2 and have quite alot to carry... and i find my mc speedy 30 to be a tad small... but you are right, 35 as a crossbody will be real cumbersome... hmm...guess i need to try the size out at louis to be sure. :smile:

7. yeah, i think i really need a real comfy shoulder tote, totally, but on the other hand also need a real crossbody bag... hard :smile:

8. thanks! :smile: thats good to know!! if i didnt, i might just jump on a 35 speedy b

9. thanks!!!

looks like speedy b might be the winner!

10. guess i should take out my mc speedy 30 to see if its big enough for what i carry nowadays :thinking: (have been carrying less than before. dont carry a diaper changing pad anymore at least)

11. DE speedy b--so versatile

12. My personal preference would be the Speedy B. It wears well as a Crossbody, for reference, I am 5'1 and the Speedy B 30 was the perfect size.

13. The 35 can really dig into your shoulders as cross body :Push: and mine wasn't even half full :sweatdrop: I've tried both out ofc to check size wise, but I guess it's just really not the same as giving it a go and using it with your stuff. I know some SAs will let you put your stuff in to check weight as comfort etc but it's not the same as being on the go I guess :sweatdrop:

14. speedy b

15. speedy b if you want to be able to wear it both handheld and crossbody. I have the speedy idylle and I love that I can wear it two different ways depending on what I'm doing that day.

I also really like the Bloomsbury. I have the PM and I don't think it is too small at all! Mine carries all the essentials without looking overstuffed. I am very petite and I did not even look at or try on the GM size because the PM is so perfect!

Good luck with your decision! :biggrin: