Need help with my new Gryson Hannah.

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hey, i went to century 21 and saw that they had the Gryson Hannah in Magenta and i have been eyeing it on saks.com since the sale began. I bought the bag for $200 in saks its still close to $500. I was very surprised to find that inside the bag on the tag it is made in china now. :sad:
    I have researched the bag and the leather is 100% from Italy, but still. I really like the bag i just kind of feel different now but i need opinions, should i keep it? is it worth it? do you like the bag? anything would be great!! i uploaded some pics :smile: Thanks alot!!

Attached Files:

2. I had a similar reaction when I got one because I didn't realize that they had moved production to China. Their website still said made by Italian craftsmen or something like that. I ended up selling because it ended up being too uncomfortable to carry for me.

So I think the big question is do you like it at all otherwise? I admit I like Hannah better in all one color, I had a 2 tone Fall 08 bag. I think it's a good bag for $200 - can you return it or would you have to sell it? I'd hold onto it until I felt strongly one way or another.

3. For $200, I'd be convinced to keep that bag - it's thoughtfully designed, well made, and interesting. I like this bag, and I really don't like that many bags. It looks functional!

I think if I found it for $200 I would buy it (doesn't it retail for like ~800?), even though I don't need another bag... :smile:

Cons: It looks heavy, the color isn't as versatile (unless you're the type of person to wear brightly colored bags with anything!)

4. That magenta colour is really pretty! I have the Hannah in grey and I like it very much. It has a fabric lining which I think the magenta colour has too and that makes it so much lighter than the suede lined bags. I also like the size -not too big, not too small- and the fact that all the handlestraps are removable.

My bag was made in Italy, I think it is from the last season that Gryson bags were made there instead of China. I would still prefere that they manufactured in Italy, or that they would atleast drop the prices since it must be much cheaper to make the bags in China.

I would keep the bag, but if you have to think about it too much then it might not be the right bag for you.

5. I think that's a great bag and you got it at a great price too! :tup:
    If the 'Made in China' really bugs you, then you should return it.. but most things are made in China these days.

6. mothbeast- yea i can still return it they said.thanks!

Truereligion- its not heavy at all! it doesnt have that suede lining like it used to its pretty light, i do like it alot because of the color i dont have a bright colored bag yet this is why i got it lol. Thanks!

Elinasofia- thanks alot, i also do prefer that they were made in italy but such a pretty bag i dont think i care anymore :smile:

Ampeefyed- thank you, i know alot of things are made there now. i was so surprised to find how alot of brands now say 100% italian leather but are made in china.

Thank you all, i think im going to keep this bag. i dont have a bag in this color yet and $200 is not that much the leather is super soft and light :smile: