Tech Need help with MS Word 2007...

Sternchen

O.G.
May 16, 2006
Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of writing my Thesis and I need some help with MS Word.

Here is what it looks like:

2cs6g75.jpg

I am using the Table-function in word for the examples within my text..

I need (want) to get rid of the lines where the red arrows are. If one example goes onto a second page I don't want a line at the bottom of the first page and a line on the top of the second, I just want the line to be at the end of the example... if you know what I mean???

Help?

If you're using the table function, then you can edit the borders of the table so you don't have lines where you don't want them. Right click on the table and go to borders, and it gives you all the options there.

It looks like you're currently using a table design that's an "auto-format" - you might want to turn that off and customize the table as I described above. Not sure if you can edit an auto-format table (I have a Mac so my MS Word is slightly different).

Sorry, I'm a total Word dweeb and have absolutely no idea what you mean :-s

I tried using the eraser tool but it ended up erasing the bottom line on both pages... *sigh*

My guess, it's because you're letting the cell row to break across pages. Which from a flow is probably what you want to have happen. What you might what to do is go somehow (I don't remember how) pull up Borders and Shading for the Table and only have a border on the top for the whole Table and on the last Cell in the Table set it to Top and Bottom. That was really odd to type out since it would probably take me seconds to do in Word.

Thanks for the help everyone, I didn't have much luck with the tables so I deleted them and now I'm using the manual lines that you can insert - didn't know that was a feature until I thought about it last night ;)