Need help with Kates - nude or black napa, 55mm or 85mm?

mia_ria

Nov 1, 2018
Hello!!

This is going to be my first CL's! I am very excited and finding it really hard to pick b/w napa nude or black. They both look gorgeous.
I really like the look of 85mm but I haven't had the chance to try them yet. 55mm seems more practical and I might be able to use them for work. But at the same time who wears CLs everyday?

Which one would you pick - nude or black, 55mm or 85mm?

I should mention - I don't wear heels a lot.

Hello!!

This is going to be my first CL's! I am very excited and finding it really hard to pick b/w napa nude or black. They both look gorgeous.
I really like the look of 85mm but I haven't had the chance to try them yet. 55mm seems more practical and I might be able to use them for work. But at the same time who wears CLs everyday?

Personally I would go for a nude one as it will match everything and 85 mm, so you will be able to wear them for events and going outs;)

Reactions: brazil on heels
I think 85 mm is an attractive height but the worst is shoes you won’t wear. A lower heel is more in style for 2021 and looks nice paired with jeans. I’m more of a fashion girl though, and we tend to dress for other women.

For color, I would consider your climate and how often you wear black. To me, the black/red combo is very fall and winter. If you live in a warmer climate, I would do nude.

Thank you all. I am starting to like the nude more too after reading your comments.
For 85mm - is pigalles more comfortable than Kate's? I went around to department stores in my area and they are all out of stock to try them out.
I have normal to wide feet.

I think you’re choosing the right ones, nude in 85mm. Pigalle is usualy more comfortable as it has thicker heels and a toe box a bit less narrow than the Kate. Have in mind when choosing the materials that the patent (shiny) is harder and takes longer to break in than the calf leather, so it will take longer to become comfortable. If you like the Iriza model, I don’t have any pair yet, but I heard are the most comfortable of all.

Hello!!

70mm would be the happy medium. tbh 55mm is practically a flat.

Thank you all. I am starting to like the nude more too after reading your comments.
For 85mm - is pigalles more comfortable than Kate's? I went around to department stores in my area and they are all out of stock to try them out.
I have normal to wide feet.

I have normal-wide width feet as well and both the pigalle and Kate are reltively comfortable. However, the Pigalle Follies aren't as comfortable for me because of the shorter toe box.