Need help with flat shoes...so sad...=(

nancyxwu

handbag addict
Jan 10, 2010
So a little back story: the human foot has two sesamoid bones at the ball of each foot to cushion when walking/running/standing. I, unfortunately, only have one sesamoid in each foot so my one sesamoid per foot is taking on a lot more weight than it should. Last July I broke my right sesamoid (healed) and now I have sesamoiditis (inflamed), but not broken.

This is totally lame because now I pretty much can't wear high heels anymore. All of my CL and other high end stilettos are pretty much off limits for a long time, and only VERY seldom after that. I few pairs of my shoes I can't wear at all because of how they fit my feet. Sad, I know. I hope this never happens to any of you. So I'm systematically ebaying most of my high heel shoes, with the exception of a few pairs.

I've never been one to wear flat shoes except my Havaianas or Uggs or tennis shoes.

Can anyone recommend some brands of comfy flats? I'll have custom inserts so no worries on support. I like simple shoes...nothing weird or too decorated. Any ideas on brands, styles, or photos even?

Anything is appreciated. Thanks!

so sad to hear about selling your high heels :sad:

as for flats, to me the comfiest (with a good cushion) as some of the miu mius - patent ones tend to have more cushion. I never have problems walking in those.

I also find that Bally is pretty good for flats when it comes to support/cushion.

the comfiest flats i own are by Ferragamo. i will admit though, there is a slight breaking in period (at least for me there was) but after that they're super comfy.

taryn rose should be very good for you...they're made by a MD. if the style is not to your lacking, you should try lanvin or chanel...a cheaper but pretty nice alternative would be vera wang's flats...do a search on nordies.com

You'll probably need to see if your inserts will fit in whatever flat you decide to go with, and some of these designer brands may not have the room to accommodate them.

You might check out Thierry Rabotin

That's true. I'll have to talk to my ortho doc about the inserts. Thank so much! I'm gonna get some flats after I get my inserts and take them with me when I shop for flats. Oh well....tennis shoes until then =(

they also have them on zappos.com. i think net-a-porter.com carries the cutest styles, however. i have their black and yellow patent ones, and i can't being to describe how amazingly soft and comfortable they are.