Need help with first purchase!!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Fall Sale is now live! Save up to 40% on Nordy's best brands, including bags, shoes, clothes, home, and kids'. Click to shop.
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Sep 28, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
    i am going to buy my first Louis Vuitton and have some questions. First, they are all so lovely- how to choose! I like the Azur color but does it get dirty quickly? Would you recommend the Ebene for someone with children?

2. I don't have children, but I love my Damier Ebene Rivington Tote.

3. I don't have children either, but I prefer damier ebene since its so low maintenance.

4. I would definitely recommend Ebene as a first LV simply due to the low maintenance of it... especially if you live in a climate where it rains/snows. Since it's your first LV, you'd either want to use it everyday OR you'll have the tendency to hide it in your closet for the first few months! The Ebene will help you get over the baby-ing of your new purchase since you can use it all the time and it will be easy to clean if the kids spill something on it.

5. I think I would go with damier ebene line since it's unless high maintenance for someone with children. With azur, though it's really beautiful and I love my galliera azur but I do have to worry about color transfer. I did happened once and thank God I was able to get it all off.

6. I have children and I love my Azur and Ebene bags. You don't have to be careful about the Azur getting dirt. Ebene is more worry free because of the handles. Do Ebene first. Azur is too beautiful not to have at some point.

7. Ebene would be great for a first LV! Let us know what you decide!

8. Is anyone familiar with the bloomsbury? That caught my eye...

9. Deff damier ebene!!

10. ebene seems like a lovely low key option! the rivington GM looks cute to me

11. The Bloomsbury would be a good choice I had the PM before but found it too small to fit my things so you may want to try the GM

12. Thank you for the advice! I do think the GM would be better. They didn't have one in stock but will be calling me when it comes in.

13. I do like the noe as well.

14. If you love azur, go for it! I once removed some stains on my NF with a grease remover and used baby wipes to clean it at least once a week (it took me one min). I sold it recently and the azur looked immaculate. Just try not to put it on the floor to prevent big issues. Damier ebene is a good option... but IMO you should buy what you love.