Need Help with First Birkin Order

S D Milo

Apr 8, 2008
Hello Everyone,

I'm new in here. My darling husband managed to get me onto a waiting list for my first Birkin!! YAY!! Hard to decide between 30cm and 35cm in Parchemin or Portiron. Clemence leather and Palladium hardware is my choice. But just need a bit of help out there with choice of colours and size. I'm approx 5"5 in height and weigh around 55kgs.

Thanks!!

Hello and welcome!

If you are on the waitlist then he must have already selected your bag? Or are you talking about getting to place a special order?

I'm 5'7" and I use a 35 and wouldn't go smaller only bigger

Lovely to meet you, Mooks!

We got onto the waiting list in the Melbourne store couple of days ago. The bag will be placed in the July order so I still have time to do a bit more research to ensure it's the right size and colour.

S D milo, how do you plan on using this birkin? As a work carryall or as a handbag? Do you now carry large or normal sized bags? I think you can actually go either way, depending upon your intended use. Some more color on how you are planning on using the bag will help us help you decide! Of course, the best would be to try one on, but I understand it's tough! :smile: I am 5'2" and find the 25cm too small. I mostly have 30cms but use them only has handbags. I have one 35cm, that I use for work only. I can fit a laptop and necessary papers. If not for work, I don't use a 35cm. It's too big for me.

Okay..the Birkin is not going to act as a "nappy" bag - I use my LV Passy PM (I thinK..it's the bigger one) for that purpose. My daughter is 2. Occasionally I will need to have some baby wipes and snacks in the bag. I don't have to carry her anymore as she loves to walk and shop all by herself!

Things I usually have in my bag include - an agenda, an address book, mobile phone, keys, very small make-up bag, at times A4 sized documents, digital camera and a bottle of water.

So wish I could try one however there is no Hermes store in Western Australia. Will have to practically fly across to either Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane.

As for the waiting list, I was told during my travel in the US (last year) that the waiting list is now closed. In Australia, I was told to keep trying. A SA in the Sydney store took the details from my husband earlier this year ( he asked for a Birkin 30cm in Portiron, but didn't specify leather nor hardware ). This week in Melbourne, he followed up at the store but discovered the order wasn't put through. So he voiced his disappointment in the Sydney store to the Melbourne store manager, who proceeded to taking down the orders properly. She even rang me up at home and advised me on the leather this morning! Very impressive!

Even a 40 can look the right size if you like it !

I have learned that finally all sizes are nice....just depend on how happy you are about your bag... If you feel happy, then you'll look just fabulous , no matter what bag you carry....!:yes:

You will fit everything except the A4s in a 30. I would suggest having a look at those bags which you currently carry most and like best and making a comparison.

IMO 30 is handbag, 35 is a tote. I have both and rarely use my 35 (although I love it) as it is a big and heavy bag even when nearly empty.

I can actually fit some A4 pages in my 30cm but they do stick out the top (not that I mind).

Bear in mind that most images of Birkins that we see are 35 or 40cm. When you first see a 30cm it may actually look quite tiny in comparison. If you want it to 'look' like a Birkin (ie a tote) you should get the 35cm.

I can actually fit some A4 pages in my 30cm but they do stick out the top (not that I mind).

Bear in mind that most images of Birkins that we see are 35 or 40cm. When you first see a 30cm it may actually look quite tiny in comparison. If you want it to 'look' like a Birkin (ie a tote) you should get the 35cm.

Do you have any picture of what it looks like when you have A4 papers in your 30 Birkin?