Need help with Ferragamo bag repair

tadad

Jun 22, 2008
I bought this bag in London last year from the Runway collection

Sadly about a week after I purchased it, 2 screws holding the hardware on the side fell off. I took it back to the shop and they sent it to Italy for repair. Took a month to get it back.

Earlier this year, I moved back to the States, took the bag out to use for the first time here and again, same thing happened! This time, Ferragamo sent it to Rago Brothers in NJ for a repair. I just used the bag for the first time since I got it back and 2 days later, bye bye! Same exact spot, the screw is gone again. This is so frustrating. I guess nothing else I can do besides bringing it back to the shop? Anyone has the same bag and experienced similar issues? I own a few Ferragamo bags but never had so much headache til now

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 580
Last edited:
I bought this bag in London last year from the Runway collection

Sadly about a week after I purchased it, 2 screws holding the hardware on the side fell off. I took it back to the shop and they sent it to Italy for repair. Took a month to get it back.

Earlier this year, I moved back to the States, took the bag out to use for the first time here and again, same thing happened! This time, Ferragamo sent it to Rago Brothers in NJ for a repair. I just used the bag for the first time since I got it back and 2 days later, bye bye! Same exact spot, the screw is gone again. This is so frustrating. I guess nothing else I can do besides bringing it back to the shop? Anyone has the same bag and experienced similar issues? I own a few Ferragamo bags but never had so much headache til now
Seems as if the screw or the place that holds it in is stripped. I would call Ferragamo and ask for some sort of credit. I know Rago Brothers and they do excellent work from my own personal experience.

Good luck to you.

Seems as if the screw or the place that holds it in is stripped. I would call Ferragamo and ask for some sort of credit. I know Rago Brothers and they do excellent work from my own personal experience.

Good luck to you.
Thank you! I took the bag back to Ferragamo this weekend. The manager said if I bought the bag in the US, they would have offered an exchange but they can't do so for international purchase.

Their solution is to send the bag back to Rago Brothers again with a specific note to pay extra attention to the hardware.

We'll see :smile:

I have that same bag (Fergie) and some screws fell out. They were the screws of the 'hinges' - part of that awesome hardware down the sides of the bag. At the Ferragamo outlet store, the display Fergies also had the some of these screws missing. For me, I'm actually glad the screws came out. It allows the bag to bend, whereas, when the hinge screws were present, the bag was very upright and rigid.

did you lose the same screws, or was it from some other p art of the bag?

I have that same bag (Fergie) and some screws fell out. They were the screws of the 'hinges' - part of that awesome hardware down the sides of the bag. At the Ferragamo outlet store, the display Fergies also had the some of these screws missing. For me, I'm actually glad the screws came out. It allows the bag to bend, whereas, when the hinge screws were present, the bag was very upright and rigid.

did you lose the same screws, or was it from some other p art of the bag?

Same problem then :smile: The screws I lost are from the hardware from the side of the bag. I like the way you think about it though that losing these pins allow the bag to bend. I'll just try to stop worrying about it

Same problem then :smile: The screws I lost are from the hardware from the side of the bag. I like the way you think about it though that losing these pins allow the bag to bend. I'll just try to stop worrying about it

It's just such of a beautiful bag. What color did you get? I have a grayish one "Ash", I think it's called. It is regualr leather, but it has that paisley tonal embroidery across the front of the bag.

It's just such of a beautiful bag. What color did you get? I have a grayish one "Ash", I think it's called. It is regualr leather, but it has that paisley tonal embroidery across the front of the bag.
I got the black one. I saw the one you have! The embroidery detail in the front on your bag is beautiful!