Need help with Fashionphile purchase

joey'slove

ChanelmajorLVminor
Jul 18, 2009
hi you guy, please help me with some concern, i had recently won an item on ebay from Fashionphile and then just two days ago i notice they sent me a cancelation notice and stated that they canceling my purchase and gave me a "mishap on inventory" as an excuse, they told me they did not notice but the item was sold a while back and they don't have it anymore. This is the first time I ever bought from them so i don't know if this is something they do if they are not satified with the sold price. Please help. Thanks so much for all your help.

while i have never purchased from fashionphile personally, i know that they are highly reputable resellers. they do have a brick and mortar store in CA, so i would think that they sell bags in person as well, leading to a bag potentially being sold twice. regardless, since the auction listing was on ebay, you have the right to leave negative feedback (unless auction canceled before it really ended) and a refund of your money. so sorry this happened to u!

The same thing but the opposite almost happened to me. I was there in person and very close to buying a bag. I could not make up my mind. Then he realized that the bag was sold online a few hours earlier. So that is probably what happened. It was sold on site and they forgot to pull the ebay listing.

I've heard another similar story- someone was bidding on a bag and the auction ended abruptly before it ended. They emailed the seller to see why, and were told that the bag was sold in the store before the auction ended.
Bummer, though. They should try to be more careful. :sad:

Problem is that I can walk in at any time and buy a bag off the shelf and you could be bidding on it at the same time. I now own the bag and they have nothing to send out. I guess what they could do is see if there are any bids on the bag before they allow it to be sold in the store. But then if it does not meet the reserve on ebay they could end up missing out on a sale if they don't sell it in the store.

I'm sorry this happened to you! I've only ever bought from their website.

Beljwl~Interesting info! I'd love to visit their actual store! I'd be in trouble if I lived close enough to drop in whenever!

thanks you guy for all the reply. i guess this is something that had happen now and then, guess they are not very on top of their inventory, but the funny thing is they send me an email telling me the agenda was sold in june, and yet they still listed to sell in august, isn't that weird, how could you not know your inventory for two months.