Need help with dead skin

Lady Jane

I am coool
Dec 2, 2006
Seriously, I have so much dead skin on my face. Especcially my nose. I have tried masks, creams, even a loofah! but nothing works! im only 13 so I don't think i should go get a facial peel. You guys have any way you get rid of dead skin? i have dead crustly skin what do i do!!!

I'd exfoliate w/ a better brand exfoliator every other night and make sure you're using a moisturizer after. It could be dry skin, not dead skin.
If you don't wnat to buy an exfoliator, just use your washcloth when you wash instead of your fingers, it works too.
Moisturizing could be key here though.

I agree with the st. ives apricot scrub, used gently.
What else works for me? Don't laugh but good old fashioned baking soda mixed with a little water! It doesn't irritate your skin and works amazingly well.

did you try going to a dermatologist? there may be something else causing your skin to be so dry. i would see a doctor in case you use something that will irritate your skin even more.

What products are you currently using? And how often do you wash your face? You may be overtreating. I love St. Ive's Apricot Scrub, but I only use it every other day. Also, don't scrub too hard. And pat your face dry, don't ever rub it. If you use any acne cream, that could be causing dry skin and you may need to cut down how often you use it.

It does not sound like its because you are not exfoilating enough but rather maybe TO much. Your skin sounds like its irritated. I would suggest a topical hydrocortisone cream and a good light moisturizer like Cetaphyl. Wash your face with something really gentle.