Need help with buying a pearl necklace!

mai_LV said:
Have you bought pearls from this place? I know nothing about pearls so prob just going to pay a little more for peace of mind...thanks!

I have! It's been a while, though. Bought pearl studs back in 2009. No issues at all. One of these days, I'd like to get a necklace. My wishlist is so long!

Mikimoto!

Tasaki is also very famous here in Japan, not sure if its well known elsewhere.

Never heard of Tasaki. Are there any jeweler that sells it in the U.S? Since this is my first time buying pearls I want to go to a storefront and look and compare. Maybe down the road I'll be comfortable ordering online.. Thanks!

Never heard of Tasaki. Are there any jeweler that sells it in the U.S? Since this is my first time buying pearls I want to go to a storefront and look and compare. Maybe down the road I'll be comfortable ordering online.. Thanks!
I want to thank all of you here, and especially the thread starter @mai_LV for asking this question.
I was also deciding between Tiffany's and Mikimoto pearls; and the pearl lovers here were recommending Mikimoto as the pearl expert.
It so happens I came upon a pre loved Mikimoto pearl strand at a great price. And I bought it, giving up any more thoughts of Tiffany's.
Thanks everyone!