Need help with Bridesmaid dresses!!!

Megs

I love bags
Admin
O.G.
Sep 13, 2005
So as you all know, Vlad and I are getting married! We are planning our big bash for February 2009. So we need to get the ball rolling!

Our colors are simple and classic; black suits for the guys and for the girls I am looking for PEWTER dresses. I want it a deeper gray, almost more metallic, in a silk taffeta or something similar. We are having our flowers bringing out the pops of color; red and white. I want the BridesMaid dresses to be cocktail length, simple design...

I don't want the dresses to cost too much, hopefully around $200 (but will look at something higher).

My BridesMaids live in different parts of the country- Washington State, Texas, and then two in Florida. So I started to try to figure something out for a shop that all can make it to easily for fittings etc.

I have found some at Alfred Angelo that could work (I think they are sort of like David's Bridal). I looked at J Crew, but they don't have this color. I am being stubborn about the color because I have the image in my head and now I am stuck on it. Of course, if something was a bit lighter silver (but not light light silver, more charcoal) that would work too!

Oh, and I first was going to do deep red, like Scarlett, dresses, but the place we are having our wedding will look better with deep red table linens I think. And I love the idea of black suits for the guys and pewter cocktail dresses for the girls - classy and elegant!

Ok so I need help!!!! Anyone??

Hi Megs, I've had quality issues with dresses by Alfred Angelo and David's Bridal. My friend chose Alfred Angelo for her wedding and all of us bridesmaids had torn dresses by the end of the night! My wedding is in June and I've been looking at Anna Elyse dresses. I'm not sure of the price, but the silk taffeta is cheaper than the dupioni silk dresses and it's beautiful. Maybe there's a bridal store in your area that carries multiple designers?

^ I appreciate that insight... I guess I want to find something that is not too expensive for my bridesmaids, ya know? And let's face it, most people never re-wear their bridesmaid dresses.

I am going to go look at some Bridal shops here this week and see if I can find anything in the color scope I am looking for. I may decide to switch to black dresses for the girls too, VERY easy to find (J Crew and Anne Taylor have cute ones!) and then can bring in the grey with the table linens.

Hi Megs, I've had quality issues with dresses by Alfred Angelo and David's Bridal. My friend chose Alfred Angelo for her wedding and all of us bridesmaids had torn dresses by the end of the night! My wedding is in June and I've been looking at Anna Elyse dresses. I'm not sure of the price, but the silk taffeta is cheaper than the dupioni silk dresses and it's beautiful. Maybe there's a bridal store in your area that carries multiple designers?

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Anna Elyse dresses!!!! What is the price point about??

Unfortunately they do not have a location in Florida... major bummer!