Need help with an LV selection, time sensitive!

My SA offered me this bag a few weeks ago, but there was a bit too much going on for my personal taste. However, there is something curiously attractive about it in the smaller size. If I liked small bags, I would've considered it. My vote goes for the Melrose. I love LV's patent leather. Ultimately, you have to buy what you love, what you absolutely can't live without... Hope that helps. :smile:
Hi! Do you know how much it costs? If it is more than double the cost of the Melrose, I will not bother because I will just feel too guilty about it. Although I will think about it pretty often:smile:

ohsweetcyanide said:
Hi! Do you know how much it costs? If it is more than double the cost of the Melrose, I will not bother because I will just feel too guilty about it. Although I will think about it pretty often:smile:

If you like the overall style look at the Monogram Olympe. You can search on this forum or Google.

As I recall, these bags were around $6000 US because of all the exotic materials; the Olympe is similar in idea.

I have to be honest and say that I absolutely think you should exchange the Melrose for the bag in the picture. I don't know what it is, and usually I am not a fan for bags of different prints and textiles and busy bags, but I absolutely love it compared to the Melrose. I think it is awesome! To be honest, I'd probably remove the clochette - I know, I'm looking at such a small detail in the scope of such a busy bag - but other than that I would rock it in extreme style!

ohsweetcyanide said:

I just called my SA since it was driving me crazy that I couldn't even remember the name of the bag. It's called the Majesteux and the smaller size retails for $6650. Hope that helps! :smile:

I am still so torn. I really love both, not to mention a bunch of others that I saw in there. Apparently the other bag is in the 6000$ range. I would feel pretty guilty about this. The Melrose and the shoes make a very beautiful pair, again I feel guilty breaking them up. They look like they were meant to be together.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 80
It's funny because I love Monogram print, but that Melrose bag is gorgeous!! It looks so pretty with your new shoes - I think you should keep the Melrose! The other bag is soo expensive - it is unique, but looks like it would be very heavy to carry - either way, you can't can go wrong, let us know what you decide!

ohsweetcyanide said:
Photo of the Melrose with the shoes and fiancé's purchases.

How did I miss this?! The Melrose looks more beautiful in your picture than it does on the LV website. Maybe because it's in its natural habitat? ;) Whichever you choose, I'm sure it'll look lovely on you. Let us know what you decide!

Oh, and the Melrose actually ended up being super user friendly compared to what I expected. I thought it would be beautiful but painful, but what I love is I can zip all my regular stuff inside, the back pocket I slip all my bills and papers in the back pocket, and the front I slide my cell phone and chapstick. Its easy to reach in and grab my cell out of the front pocket without even unbuckling. Plus it fits an iPad perfectly! So although I still can't sling it over my shoulder, it is very user friendly!

Thank you for the info! I'm really leaning on keeping the Melrose now that I found out the other is officially just over double the price. I feel quite guilty asking for such a thing when the one I chose is beautiful to begin with. So you don't have any problems with it being a high maintenance bag with possible scratches and finger prints and all that?

I will be honest I am not a big LV fan, but the Melrose bag you have is so classy! I am just like you, I want it all....but you can only have so much. Since someone saw that bag in NY it is obviously available else where. That can be your next purchase.