Need help with an LV selection, time sensitive!

Jun 6, 2007
Hello everyone! I used to be a lurker and now I decided that since I am out of the country and need a quick opinion, this may be the best place to ask. I am in Europe on holiday and my fiancé just brought me to LV today as a surprise. Lets just say that he likes to get shopping done and get out of a store within 10 minutes. You can imagine how stressful this is at LV because you want to know you are choosing the right bag. In any case, he told me to pick a purse and a pair of shoes. I showed him a few and ended up going with the Melrose Avenue in Amarante and the Oh Really peep toes in the matching colour. Wile he was picking out his shoes and at the cash, I kept gravitating towards this bad that I had never seem before. I pointed it out to him and he said it was very nice, but the one I chose was much nicer. So I went with the original selection but I cannot get this bag out of my head! I had the hardest time finding it online, and I'm not even sure of its real name so since I have one more day here in Norway, I feel like it is my last chance to go for this exchange or not. I'd like to know what other think. I only found one picture of it but it comes in a small-medium size, which I prefer, and a medium-large size. Also comes in the burgundy leather (on the sides) or an emerald green shade.

Keep the Melrose avenue in amarante or exchange for this one? I would have to do it in the morning so it's a very time sensitive decision!! Thank you for any insight.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 437
both are different bags but since your bf says what you have is much nicer, i will go with the original selection as i only like mono in SLGs, that's my preference. mono for bags is too "loud" for me.

what does your heart says? follow it. if not, you may regret. go to the store again to try both bags if you can convince your bf.

I know, the trouble is, my heart is not very monogamous when it comes to purses. I don't have many purses, but I don't own anything monogram. I have a Citadine PM in Aurore, a raspberry shade and a Chanel patent jumbo flap bag in a grèige color.

The Chanel is my going out purse but I also use it for everyday in the summer. The LV fits my laptop and everything and its my everything bag. The Melrose is beautiful, but very chic and formal. This other bag seems like its got a little bit more of a comfortable casual vibe going on.

One of my concerns is that it may look slightly (or very) busy..

ohsweetcyanide said:
I know, the trouble is, my heart is not very monogamous when it comes to purses. I don't have many purses, but I don't own anything monogram. I have a Citadine PM in Aurore, a raspberry shade and a Chanel patent jumbo flap bag in a grèige color.

The Chanel is my going out purse but I also use it for everyday in the summer. The LV fits my laptop and everything and its my everything bag. The Melrose is beautiful, but very chic and formal. This other bag seems like its got a little bit more of a comfortable casual vibe going on.

One of my concerns is that it may look slightly (or very) busy..

I think it looks pretty busy, but it may look different in person as opposed to a stark white background. I'd return the shoes and get two bags!

Hello everyone. I just posted this on the handbags and purses forum without having noticed there was a specific one for LV so I'm going to give it another shot here to see if I get differing opinions.

I am in Europe on holiday and my fiancé just brought me to LV today as a surprise. Lets just say that he likes to get shopping done and get out of a store within 10 minutes. You can imagine how stressful this is at LV because you want to know you are choosing the right bag. In any case, he told me to pick a purse and a pair of shoes. I showed him a few and ended up going with the Melrose Avenue in Amarante and the Oh Really peep toes in the matching colour. While he was picking out his shoes and at the cash, I kept gravitating towards this bag on display that I had never seem before. I pointed it out to him and he said it was very nice, but the one I chose was much nicer. So I went with the original selection but I cannot get this bag out of my head! I had the hardest time finding it online, and I'm not even sure of its real name so since I have one more day here in Norway, I feel like it is my last chance to go for this exchange or not. I'd like to know what others are thinking. The general theme going on so far is that this bag is busy, bu i find it very unique. I only found one picture of it but it comes in a small-medium size, which I prefer, and a medium-large size. Also comes in the burgundy leather (on the sides) or an emerald green shade for the leather on the sides.

Keep the Melrose avenue in amarante or exchange for this one? I would have to do it in the morning so it's a very time sensitive decision!! Luckily it is only 2 blocks away and i will have no problem going but i am very torn. Thank you for any insight.

Extra info:
I don't have many purses, but I don't own anything monogram. I have a Speedy 30 in Damier, a Citadine PM in Aurore, which is a raspberry shade and a Chanel patent jumbo flap bag in a grèige color.

The Chanel is my going out purse but I also use it for everyday in the summer. The Citadine fits my laptop and everything and it is my everyday tote bag.

The Melrose is beautiful, but very chic and formal. Very structured and shiny, fingerprints very apparent. High maintenance. But so beautiful, I've been eyeing it for years. This other bag seems like its got a little bit more of a comfortable casual vibe going on in terms of shape and a very unique look to it because of the mixture of leathers.

What to do?!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 584
I wouldn't let go of the Melrose Avenue, it's a stunning bag. Then again, I'm really not a fan of the mixed leathers/canvas look. The Melrose Avenue is a head turner for sure and it does look like it's very practical inside. I've only tried it on once though - I'm sure someone here who owns one will be able to tell you more. It all depends on your lifestyle too but it seems to me like you already have the everyday bag thing sort with the Speedy and Citadine.

Well either bag will definitely be noticed. This one is very unique and if that is what you are looking for I say go for it as you probably won't see this one again soon. The Melrose on the other hand in my opinion is absolutely beautiful. I carry mine (in Rouge Fauvista) most of the time and I get so many compliments its unbelievable. But, generally I dress up a lot, and I wear a jacket that is also pretty dressy most of the time so the purse matches me and my style. So the Melrose was my favorite (I too am not a big monogram fan) and it was the first bag I bought and still my favorite and my most noticed bag. That being said, it is heavy and it is only carried by top handles - so it isn't the most comfortable bag. But hey, the beauty is worth the pain right! But I love the other bag and wow it is unique!