Need help with a name for a new rescue dog!

Irishgal

I run with scissors
O.G.
Apr 22, 2006
Hi everyone,
Thursday I am picking up a rescue dog that I am adopting. She is a small dapple dachshund, three years old. Her name is Squirt, and while I don't like the idea of re-naming a dog I just don't like that name, it makes me think of a dog peeing on the carpet or something. I'm trying to come up with something that starts similar, Sally, Sassy...but not set on anything yet.

Love to hear ideas!
Thanks 🐶

We had a Sally and a Shawnee (she came with that name). I always liked Heidi for a girl dog, but it doesn't start with S.

Bless your heart, Irish! I know you love the Doxies--what a lucky girl she is:smile:

We had a Sally and a Shawnee (she came with that name). I always liked Heidi for a girl dog, but it doesn't start with S.

Bless your heart, Irish! I know you love the Doxies--what a lucky girl she is:smile:

Thanks Boxermom. Yep, I have only one now who just joined me on a road trip to St. Louis who needs a little friend so I'm bringing another home. When I retire I will have half a dozen!

So glad you are bringing another one into your home! I never thought one way or the other about doxies until I made a new friend who has been involved with doxie rescue for 25 years now. She has even brought weiner dog races to our town. :biggrin: They are funny little dogs!

So glad you are bringing another one into your home! I never thought one way or the other about doxies until I made a new friend who has been involved with doxie rescue for 25 years now. She has even brought weiner dog races to our town. :biggrin: They are funny little dogs!

Yep there is a lot of personality in those little wieners!

Hi everyone,
Thursday I am picking up a rescue dog that I am adopting. She is a small dapple dachshund, three years old. Her name is Squirt, and while I don't like the idea of re-naming a dog I just don't like that name, it makes me think of a dog peeing on the carpet or something. I'm trying to come up with something that starts similar, Sally, Sassy...but not set on anything yet.

Love to hear ideas!
Thanks ��
I love that you are adopting a Doxie! When I was younger, my mom used to name our Dachshunds after German names because of their German origin... I would name her Greta if I had her, other names that I like are Stella and Sasha :smile:

savannah? sophie is a really popular dog name right now. i know 4 of them.

i didn't think i loved doxies until i found a doxie rescue online. now i have my 1/2 doxie baby and adore her. i saw a little doxie for adoption last week named dot. if only i could have 2 dogs! i offered to foster her but she got adopted. i think doxies are addicting. lol.

can't wait to see pics!