Need help with a LV vs Chanel Decision

ChanelDelight

... into LV & Chanel
Feb 21, 2012
I'm debating over selling my lavender blue Chanel Chain Around Mini to fund the purchase of a Palermo pm.

The Chanel is only a year old, but I'm rarely wearing her due to the chain, which sadly is too long on me (yeah, I should have noticed that in store, but you know: impulse buying ;).
It also doesn't fit a the stuff I need througout the day and the Palermo is more roomy so it should do a better job for me.

It's not my only Chanel, so I would still have my other "babies" to long for...

Nevertheless, I looove the colour of this bag, so I'm not quite sure if I should sell it. But seeing the Palermo makes my heart skip a beat, so I guess it's a dream bag for me...

What do you Ladies think - sell the Chanel for the LV or not?

NO selling/buying/trading here

Last edited by a moderator:
The chanel chain around is a very pretty bag, but i feel like it's more of a "going out" bag, not an everyday bag per se. Also, you mention that the chain is too long and unless youre able to adjust it (i dont think that would even be possible) that will always pose an issue for you.If you aren't happy with it, then I would sell it if I were you. There is no purpose in keeping it if you don't 100% love it :smile: you need to make yourself happy!!! The Palermo might also be more conducive to your lifestyle. It's a very nice bag, considered getting the GM size for myself ;)

No point in keeping what you will not use. I say sell it to fund a new handbag that you will love and wear often. What good is a bag that doesn't get used?
That being said, maybe you shod think about the Palermo for a few days to make sure it's really the one that suits you. Sometimes I buy things and wonder soon after why I even thought it would be a good idea. Last night for example, I purchased a cles in monogram and returned it today because I realized it didn't suit my everyday style/use (but I sure wish it did!).

That being said, maybe you shod think about the Palermo for a few days to make sure it's really the one that suits you. Sometimes I buy things and wonder soon after why I even thought it would be a good idea. Last night for example, I purchased a cles in monogram and returned it today because I realized it didn't suit my everyday style/use (but I sure wish it did!).

I totally agree with this point - considering it is what it's all about. So I'll maybe step into my nearest LV store an try the Palermo on as I currently haven't tried her myself.

Last edited:
The chanel chain around is a very pretty bag, but i feel like it's more of a "going out" bag, not an everyday bag per se. Also, you mention that the chain is too long and unless youre able to adjust it (i dont think that would even be possible) that will always pose an issue for you.If you aren't happy with it, then I would sell it if I were you. There is no purpose in keeping it if you don't 100% love it :smile: you need to make yourself happy!!! The Palermo might also be more conducive to your lifestyle. It's a very nice bag, considered getting the GM size for myself ;)

Yeah, you're right - it really is more of a going out bag, whereas I considered the Palermo more business/everyday-suited. I'm carrying a lot of stuff every day, so I even managed to geht my Speedy over-stuffed :P

re the chain-issue: I was trying to keep a part of the chain inside the bag, while carrying it, but this way the flap kept opening due to it's magnetic closing... so, yes this would unfortunately always be an issue for me.