Need help with a CHANEL problem!!!

Kat said:
Pursedoc, I do LOVE it!!! It's a beauty!!! What I like about it also is even though it's a tote the size and the slight metalic will let me get away with wearing it on dressier occasions in the evenings in the warmer months. There are times in the summer when I head down to Manhattan to shop in the afternoon and then we go for dinner and/or a show later on. I can get away with using this tote in the day to shop straight through dinner and show!

that's awesome! i actually went into the boutique to buy the small black tote- but saw this color and fell in love. i am hoping it is the perfect color bag for spring and summer!

shu said:
Your mom is really pretty!! And I also have a question for all you ladies out there. I went to Chanel in London today, and they didn't have the reissue left. I asked them if it was possible that other boutiques would have them, and she flat out said no. Btw, she was very nice the entire time.

So I'm wondering how hard it would be to find a 2.55 in the store?

I think its hard to get it from Chanel. I stumbled upon this seller. I think he/she sells on ebay. You can check here:

http://www.my-personalshoppers.com/newsite/catalog/index.php?id_parent=29

RobbieNEmmy said:
Well to answer your questions... my mother works ALL the time running her movie theater, and as to her style... I would say young and fresh for being 43. She carries her bag in all of those ways (and that's whats making this a little more difficult) depending on her mood. The 2.55 is really beautiful, but my only fear is that it is not nearly big enough for her. She's used to using big bags.

Does Chanel make larger side bags?

Yes Chanel makes bigger bags. I just bought this one...it's a shoulder strap tote bag.
DSCF1022.jpg

What about the Chanel Cerf bag? It's a nice size bag, not huge, very understated...and not many people have it. It's known as the "Chanel Birkin". It's hard to find pictures of it online...the only celebrity I've ever seen carrying it is one of the Olsen twins.
Ashley.jpg

4qoiz6

4qojdf

RobbieNEmmy said:
I LOVE the first one you posted!!! What was the retail on it?

$1650. The dimensions are 10 inches high, 13 inches wide and the bottom of the bag is about 5 inches across. It had two interior sections separated by a narrow zip compartment. The back of the bag has an interior zip pocket and an exterior open pocket. The front of the bag has an open interior pocket. The bag doesn't have any snaps or fasteners, so it stays "open". I can PM you more pictures if you like. It's the same as Kat's metallic tote, except mine is the next size up.

I just love all Chanel bags - I actually have the Cambon bowling bag which I love (and, no I am not 20). I don't think that's too young for her at all. I am actually 41 and I don't think that's too much of a fad. But Chanel is coming out with the Chanel Luxury line on March 11. I went to the Chanel trunk show in NY yesterday and that line has some beautiful bags. I am on a the waitlist for one. They come in different colors and sizes and the prices start at $2000+ but they are AMAZING!!