Need help with a CHANEL problem!!!

Definately a large flap black Chanel, your mother looks like she's the kind of classy lady that would appreciate that. Nothing too trendy and easily dated, but something that will last forever !

this is gonna sound wierd, but she looks like MY mom alot.... when my mom was in her mid-20s.... I'm gonna scan a photo and post.

... which should be the topic of a new thread, "post photos of your mom!" hahaha!~

ayla said:
Definately a large flap black Chanel, your mother looks like she's the kind of classy lady that would appreciate that. Nothing too trendy and easily dated, but something that will last forever !

I think I'm going to start saving for that type of bag. Do you happen to know a price range?

Your mom is beautiful! And the fur coat is gorge too!

What is your mom's style...is she cutting edge or classic? Does she work or is she a SAHM? Does she prefer to carry bags in her hand, on the crook of her arm, or on her shoulder? For her, is a purse simply functional or does she carry her life and then some in her bag? It's hard to suggest a bag if we don't know what her life is like. I'm sure you want a bag that will get a lot of use.

The Cambon Ligne always seemed very "young" to me and a little too casual. I prefer classic bags because you can dress them down...but you can't dress up a casual bag...does that make sense?You can't go wrong with the 2.55. You can dress it up or down. I recently bought a tote/shoulder bag that I've grown to love. I can wear it on my shoulders or carry it in my hands.

I suggest the Chanel 2.55 in the new colors (heard of beige..?), or the double flap version, or cerf tote or something from the new mademoiselle line. :nuts: :biggrin:

RobbieNEmmy, where in NY do you live? There is going to be a Chanel trunk show at the end of this month at Saks. I have not been to one myself, but I heard the spring line is nice. Maybe you can find your mom something there. BTW, your mom is beautiful.

esiders said:
Your mom is beautiful! And the fur coat is gorge too!

What is your mom's style...is she cutting edge or classic? Does she work or is she a SAHM? Does she prefer to carry bags in her hand, on the crook of her arm, or on her shoulder? For her, is a purse simply functional or does she carry her life and then some in her bag? It's hard to suggest a bag if we don't know what her life is like. I'm sure you want a bag that will get a lot of use.

The Cambon Ligne always seemed very "young" to me and a little too casual. I prefer classic bags because you can dress them down...but you can't dress up a casual bag...does that make sense?You can't go wrong with the 2.55. You can dress it up or down. I recently bought a tote/shoulder bag that I've grown to love. I can wear it on my shoulders or carry it in my hands.

Well to answer your questions... my mother works ALL the time running her movie theater, and as to her style... I would say young and fresh for being 43. She carries her bag in all of those ways (and that's whats making this a little more difficult) depending on her mood. The 2.55 is really beautiful, but my only fear is that it is not nearly big enough for her. She's used to using big bags.

Like this one (taken last Mother's Day)

And Christmas of '04 I got her another flap satchel like the one above, in one of the winter colors of that year.

Does Chanel make larger side bags?

Your mom is really pretty!! And I also have a question for all you ladies out there. I went to Chanel in London today, and they didn't have the reissue left. I asked them if it was possible that other boutiques would have them, and she flat out said no. Btw, she was very nice the entire time.

So I'm wondering how hard it would be to find a 2.55 in the store?

I would get her the 2.55 or something classic like the black flap that Kat posted. I have the Cambon, and imo the quality is not the greatest and if I had to do it again, I'd get something more classic instead of buying into a fad, plus the cambon is a little label-ish.

Kat said:
You have a beautiful mother! She would look great wearing a Chanel bag! If this will be her first one I recommend getting her the classic flap bag in black. It is timeless!!! Here is a pic of mine.
attachment.php
oooh, i just boughtthe gold tote- do you love it?

Pursedoc, I do LOVE it!!! It's a beauty!!! What I like about it also is even though it's a tote the size and the slight metalic will let me get away with wearing it on dressier occasions in the evenings in the warmer months. There are times in the summer when I head down to Manhattan to shop in the afternoon and then we go for dinner and/or a show later on. I can get away with using this tote in the day to shop straight through dinner and show!