Need help! Who has the reissue camera bag?

Hikitten

O.G.
Aug 7, 2011
Hi,
Ive been desperate to find a reissue camera bag, but it looks like they dont make it anymore, only in Singapore :sad: The 2008 version is often for sale, but I have never seen one in real life. Who out there has this bag and what do you think of it? I'm also not sure of what price I should be paying. I want to be able to use it as an everyday bag. Will it handle usage well?

Ive borrowed the attach image to show you the one it want. SHW would be nice too. I think medium would fit my short frame the best.

Any input would be great. Modeling shots would be even better! :smile: TIA!

Attachments

• image-3163843213.png
    image-3163843213.png
    748.3 KB · Views: 842
I have this bag and think it is great. I have the dark metallic silver and it has been the perfect everyday bag. I am petite as well and think it is a good size for my frame. It usually goes for about $2200 on ebay but sometimes more. Hope you find what you are looking for. :smile:

I recently got a medium 08A black reissue camera bag, identical to the one pictured. It's in like-new condition. I think you'll have to pay between $2200 and $2500 depending upon the condition. They often turn up on ebay, also Luxury Exchange and Bonanza.

You'll like this bag if you can find one. It's a bit smaller than a jumbo; I estimate about the size of a 226, 11 in. long and 7 1/2 in. tall. Perfect for a petite woman.

Brigitta said:
I recently got a medium 08A black reissue camera bag, identical to the one pictured. It's in like-new condition. I think you'll have to pay between $2200 and $2500 depending upon the condition. They often turn up on ebay, also Luxury Exchange and Bonanza.

You'll like this bag if you can find one. It's a bit smaller than a jumbo; I estimate about the size of a 226, 11 in. long and 7 1/2 in. tall. Perfect for a petite woman.

Thanks! I am leaning towards the ghw. I think it makes the bag more timeless and classy. I never thought I would like a reissue, but I love how understated it is. I don't like big logos and don't want the bag to be too showy, but want the Chanel design and quality.

I have this bag in the large size and it's my favorite Chanel. I use it way more than my classic flaps. It's nicer to use for everyday because it's not structured and the leather is durable and low maintanence.

I'm having another dilemma! Saw the reissue flap in store in black with rhw and the dark gray and fell in love with both! Now which one should I get? The flap, I think it's the 227, or keep looking for the camera bag. It's almost a 2000 price difference which is nuts but with an increase coming up it'll be over $5000 soon. It's just crazy because I see that the same reissue was around 2000 less than three years ago. Why do they have to increase prices do much?

Sorry for the rant, but would love to know which one you guys think and if the 227 is worth it. :smile:

Attachments

• image-1684247759.png
    image-1684247759.png
    787 KB · Views: 603
Hi,
Ive been desperate to find a reissue camera bag, but it looks like they dont make it anymore, only in Singapore :sad: The 2008 version is often for sale, but I have never seen one in real life. Who out there has this bag and what do you think of it? I'm also not sure of what price I should be paying. I want to be able to use it as an everyday bag. Will it handle usage well?

Ive borrowed the attach image to show you the one it want. SHW would be nice too. I think medium would fit my short frame the best.

This bag is my absolute favorite bag! It's light-weight and so easy to use. The leather is divine and you won't be afraid to use it. Very roomy as well!

I just purchased the medium size in metallic blue from Yoogi's Closet. It is a very nice bag.. great style.. Having said that, I do not find it very convenient to use or carry. I think the flaps are more comfortable.. but that's just me!

I just purchased the medium size in metallic blue from Yoogi's Closet. It is a very nice bag.. great style.. Having said that, I do not find it very convenient to use or carry. I think the flaps are more comfortable.. but that's just me!

I agree, the medium is not so comfy but the larger size is great.

colourbag said:

Thanks for the input.
Why do you think the flap is more comfortable? Are they not the same shape and size essentially? Is the flap easier access than the zipper on the camera?

Thanks for the input.
Why do you think the flap is more comfortable? Are they not the same shape and size essentially? Is the flap easier access than the zipper on the camera?

I think it is mainly due to the design of the bag. I need to unzip the bag to take something out of it and it is not easy at all when I am holding it in my arm. For the flap, it is much better design.. easier to open the flap when it is on my shoulder.

I think there is an old thread on this one. Try to check it out.

Hi,

I have this bag in large size. I love it..Its stunning and understated chanel. It holds up pretty well,I ve been using it as a daily bag no problem whatsoever, U can wear it two ways,u can use it single strap.For me its easier to take in/out stuff from your bag as opposed to the flap.( I dont zip the camera bag thats why)