Need help... which would you rather?

sohotypeguy

Jul 12, 2010
ok, so I still have another sister to buy something for but idk what to do. I got her some diamond pearl earrings, which are quite beautiful in my opinion, and a top to go out in. Now, my thing is that for the money I spent, I could've gotten her something from LV... Ladies, which would you rather have? The earrings or a new bag/clutch/wallet? I'm going to upload a pic of the earrings in a bit.

I also didnt want to get her LV cause it what i got my other sis and sis-in-law and i dont want to give the same kinda stuff to everyone.

ok, so I still have another sister to buy something for but idk what to do. I got her some diamond pearl earrings, which are quite beautiful in my opinion, and a top to go out in. Now, my thing is that for the money I spent, I could've gotten her something from LV... Ladies, which would you rather have? The earrings or a new bag/clutch/wallet? I'm going to upload a pic of the earrings in a bit.

I also didnt want to get her LV cause it what i got my other sis and sis-in-law and i dont want to give the same kinda stuff to everyone.

I would rather have something LV, especially from my brother. Coming from my BF, maybe I would prefer some earrings. Also, if you bought your other sis and sis-in-law LV, you should prob get her LV too! You're such a sweet brother! :biggrin:

I would rather have something LV, especially from my brother. Coming from my BF, maybe I would prefer some earrings. Also, if you bought your other sis and sis-in-law LV, you should prob get her LV too! You're such a sweet brother! :biggrin:

ok, but her bf bought her some yurman bracelets and one has pearl tips so i thought the earrings would complement the bracelets. and she just got a chanel classic flap bag... and she doesnt have pearl earrings yet. but she says she needs a new wallet. i cant wait for this to be over haha

Wow, your sis is really lucky! Great Christmas presents!! It really depends on what SHE likes - bearing in mind that since you are posting this question on the LV forum, most of the responses you will receive will be "LV", simply because we are partial to that, LOL! Is she a big fan of LV? Is she more of a bag person or jewellery/accessories person? I guess you're in a better position to answer these questions. It's very much down to personal choice and there is, unfortunately, no standard answer (even if there is, it may not apply to her). Nevertheless, you're a really thoughtful brother! :tup:

first off, how sweet are you!! to all of your sisters and SIL!!.. Like Yikkie, said your posting this on the LV forum, like we LVoe LV, so the answers coming from us are certainly going to be biased. The jewellery and LV are so different, in that buying LV for one sister and SIL, and leaving the other sister out, I dont know, if thats a good idea. I personally prefer LV to jewellery, or to most things... I like to buy my own clothes, and as far as jewellery goes, some women love jewels others can do without. You know her tastes/preferences better then we do, BUT I am thinking since you asked us on TPF, then maybe you already know that your sister would prefer the LV. :smile: Good luck to you, and Merry Christmas!

Ok I thought about it a bit more.. I have a brother, and two other sisters, my brother knows I love LV, and so does my other sister, he buys us LV's and my other sister is left out, she'd have her nose out of joint for sure, even if she did have a chanel from her DH. You know what I mean? she'd either feel special because she got jewels or she'd feel left out.. just saying... I think getting any gift from anyone is awesome no matter what it is. I actually dont think siblings should spend so much money on each other for Christmas, my siblings and I have a limit, really Christmas isnt about presents. JMO. =)

Makes me sad I'm an only child! I agree that if they all like LV and you got the others LV it would be better to get everyone the same (brand, not the same exact item).

It's hard to say which is a better gift. Since she just got a Chanel, a new LV bag might not get as much attention from her.

But if your other sis & SIL are getting something from LV would your sister feel left out?

Maybe ask her BF to help you fish out an answer?

A LV wallet is a great idea, i'd actually prefer that to clothing. I think LV makes the best wallets out there.

I guess it depends on the earrings, however if you got your sis-in-law an LV, there may be some jealous from your sister. On the other hand, it depends on if she's an LV lover or not and if she owns or doesn't own an LV yet. Wish I had a brother who had this same dilemma! HA!

umm, can i just say that i wish you were my brother/BIL, because you are so sweet! i would say to stick with the earrings, because they are pearls, match her BFs gift, and jewelry IS jewelry. but like the other posters said, it depends if ur sis already has LV, how badly she needs a wallet, and if she would feel weird if everyone else got LV and she didnt.
buttttt theyre both amazing presents.

It depends what she prefers more. If her bf has already got her jewellery then it's sweet that you thought to complement his choices. You never know, someone else may have gotten her a wallet/bag/clutch so perhaps it's easier to stick with what you've already chosen?