Need Help! Which Chanel to buy?

lucky888lucky

May 6, 2009
I'm a first time Chanel buyer, and need help deciding whether to go through with the purchase! I am thinking about buying diamonds... or a Chanel purse.

SO.... Should I buy the Tiffany & Co. Metro Diamond Eternity rings (one in white gold and one in rose) OR.... Should I get the Classic Flap Chanel bag in black? I am thinking about this purse in silver hardware b/c I don't wear a lot of gold jewelry. How happy are you with your Classic Flap in black? Is it worth the price? (In CA, $3200 with tax).

THANKS! :yahoo:

I love my flap, but wished i would use it more frequently! Would this be your evryday bag? would you wear your rings everyday? I would purchase what i would wear the most if i were you.

I vote for Tiffany. My caviar jumbo sits in the closet because it's too heavy and the chain hurts my shoulder. Rings you can definitely use everyday you enjoy wearing them.

I say get the bag! I love love love jewelry as well but a bag can complete an outfit and you will be using the bag forever!

If it's your first flap, then get either the large or the jumbo. The large is a bit more versatile although a tad smaller and you can use it as a day or a night bag.

Hope that helps!

I vote for the classic flap because I fear the future price increases on it will be more frequent/steeper. So I'm thinking it will be easier to save up again for the Tiffany rings than for the Chanel bag.

But that's a very practical reason and maybe the rings make your heart sing more than the bag?