Need Help! Which Chanel to buy?

lucky888lucky

May 6, 2009
I'm a first time Chanel buyer, and need help deciding whether to go through with the purchase! I am thinking about buying diamonds... or a Chanel purse.

SO.... Should I buy the Tiffany & Co. Metro Diamond Eternity rings (one in white gold and one in rose) OR.... Should I get the Classic Flap Chanel bag in black? I am thinking about this purse in silver hardware b/c I don't wear a lot of gold jewelry. How happy are you with your Classic Flap in black? Is it worth the price? (In CA, $3200 with tax).

THANKS! :yahoo:

cvg_70

Jan 27, 2010
I love my flap, but wished i would use it more frequently! Would this be your evryday bag? would you wear your rings everyday? I would purchase what i would wear the most if i were you.

Jaded81

back on TPF!
O.G.
May 27, 2007
That is a tough choice! But if I were you, I would buy the Tiffany ring!!

adeener

O.G.
Nov 27, 2006
Los Angeles
I vote for Tiffany. My caviar jumbo sits in the closet because it's too heavy and the chain hurts my shoulder. Rings you can definitely use everyday you enjoy wearing them.

dozzaroo

O.G.
Oct 25, 2006
Where the Queen lives
I say get the bag! I love love love jewelry as well but a bag can complete an outfit and you will be using the bag forever!

If it's your first flap, then get either the large or the jumbo. The large is a bit more versatile although a tad smaller and you can use it as a day or a night bag.

Hope that helps!

mp4

Weimanuts!
O.G.
Oct 20, 2007
If you plan ot wear the ring everyday, I vote ring.

ceya

O.G.
Jan 7, 2008
if you do not have the diamond ring yet, then buy it first.

I love diamonds and for now I am temporarily done with them :nuts:

cocklecove

Dec 21, 2006
I vote for the classic flap because I fear the future price increases on it will be more frequent/steeper. So I'm thinking it will be easier to save up again for the Tiffany rings than for the Chanel bag.

But that's a very practical reason and maybe the rings make your heart sing more than the bag?

bfali

O.G.
Oct 24, 2008
I would get the bag. Personally I'm not a jewelry fan but I always love a good bag!!