Need HELP What are the chances i got a FAKE bag?

MrsM-6-7-08

Bag Obsessed
O.G.
Apr 3, 2009
I was at americana manhasset sunday and got my first gucci
I was showing my mom the bag and she noticed on the tag
That says gucci made in italy that's stamped is
Crooked. Meaning it slightly going upwards and not
Perfectly straight.

Also there was no protective coverings on the bag or hardware
Not sure if there usually is since its my first time
Buying a gucci

Can anyone help me out?

I bought it at the Gucci store at the Americana Manhasset

I am on my phone right now on my blackberry and won't be able
To post any pics til tonite

My question is, is it possible for a real gucci bag to have the stamped logo slightly crooked
On the tag????

I've heard of it happening before. If there were no protective coverings on the hardware, you possibly received a return item. I doubt the boutique would sell a fake.

If your bag is not perfect, the store should be willing to exchange. I bet you if it was a return, the previous owner recognized the same mistake.

Thank you for responding I truely appreciate it
I bought a black medium jockey bag with brass hardware
There was no plastic coverings on the hardware and it did seem a little scratched up
She had me check the zippers as well

Do all gucci bags have a protective covering on the hardware?

Thanks so much

With the exception of the handles on my brown/black Boston, none of my Guccis have had any protection on the hardware - including my wallets. Not that I will say it could NEVER happen, but I think if you bought from a boutique, you're safe.

You could have a bag that someone bought then returned, which would explain why it didn't have any protective coating on the handles.

But if the tag bothers you, I would exchange it.

Not to alarm you at all. I have returned to Gucci before and the did not look at the bag that I was returning. I would return it 100% if you are not sure. Also, all of my items have came with plastic coverings on the hardware. Mabye at your store they take them off when they come in. Mabye the person before you was looking at it and took it off. Was it a display bag as well? I hope that everything turns out for the best for you.

i spoke with the manager and she said that the inside tags are stamped by hand and this is why its crooked.

She also said that gucci never puts protective plastic or paper over the hardware as it can ruin the gold hardware and make it peel

Hope this info is correct because it doesnt look like i can exchange the bag

hi MrsM6-7-08, you should asked if they can replace your bag since it is new. I had defective bag that i had called Neiman for replacement, and they will replace my bag even it was a month ago when i bought it. Try to ask if they will replace it, and asked for a new one.