Need Help w. a 28 Classic Orange Kelly

seline

Aug 25, 2006
I have the of chance of buying a brand new classic orange 28 kelly for a really good price due to the fact that the lady who bought it got scared off by the colour. it's in a really soft leather which I don't really recognise but I was told it new (for this year?).

However, even though it’s a truly beautiful bag I have to say don't feel 100% sure about the orange colour, it might be difficult to pull off and I’m afraid I’ll get tired of it. The leather is a slight concern as well as it is so soft I’m afraid it might scratch and stain very easily... does anyone have any experience of the new leather (I’m sorry I don’t remember the name of it…)

To determine the leather type, maybe you could post a clear closeup picture of it so the experts can identify it. As for the orange colour, I think it depends on your style. I've seen some pictures of ladies looking great with an orange bag.

From my perspective, I find the orange very easy to work into the wardrobe. Mine is a 28 in togo. It was love at first sight, honestly; she's a pop of color. You are having doubts so my advice is go with your heart/first impression. If you don't love it, then it's the wrong choice more often than not.

Might be that the leather is swift but it's not new; it's what came to mind when I read your post.

^I agree with Jmen, a 28 Kelly is perfect for a pop of colour to any outfit, especially if you like wearing neutral colours in your wardrobe. I also think the leather is swift. If your not 100% sure about the bag don't buy it. It's better to buy something you really love and will use rather than just because the price is good.

Thanks for the advice! i think you guys are right about the leather. it must be swift. does anyone have any experience of how swift ages and how resistant it is to scratches and stains?

thanks!:smile:

Seline, I am adopting a swift birkin; it will arrive soon. I saw swift in the boutique and it had a few minor marks on it. From a distance I thought the piece was box. Unlike togo, swift is smoother like box but not as stiff or shiny. There's been a lot of ladies who have swift and have commented on its wearability. Some have said the corner wear happens quickly. (Not a big deal if you can get some Meltonian shoe polish and dab on those areas). Other than that I don't recall any issues that drove people to be negative.

The swift piece I saw was black. I could be wrong on this, but perhaps the darker the piece the more the scratches will be visible. Am positive some folks will post about their experience.