Need help tracking down my bag

pradaLady

Bal convert
Mar 3, 2009
Ladies I need your help and suggestions. I received a black GGH city from George V on 2/22 and found out one of the hardwares was very loose. I talked to LA bal and they said send it to us and we will fix it. I shipped the bag on the 2/24 and the bag reached LA sorting facility on the 2/25.
After that there is no trace of the bag. I am really lost as to what to do here. I have been an idiot and did not take insurance on it. But its not the money, I really want my bag back. I have been calling the USPS customer service everyday and they say no one is allowed in the warehouse other than some managers and all they can do is send them emails about my box. They have been doing this since 3/1, still nothing :cry:
If any of you have gone through this or know somehow to help me, I will be really grateful. I know I am obsessing about this but I know you ladies will understand how I feel.
Thanks for listening to this rant. I really needed to vent.

Mods I don't know where to post this. If this is not the right place please move it.
Thank you so much ladies.

Oh no, that's stressful. Is there some sort of tracking measure on it? You said that you were able to determine that it went somewhere on 2/25. If so, that's a good sign. Just wait it out a bit longer. I hope everything works out for you. :hugs:

Thank you Saira. I do have a tracking number and signature confirmation. The thing is anyone I talk to in USPS says since it reached LA on 25th, it should have been delivered to Balenciaga LA the same day or next day. The suspense is killing me.

^ I am going through this now as well. I sent a package to someone in New Zealand (Express mail) and it has completely stopped updating after it left US Customs. I am so worried I can't even handle thinking about it.

I think you could get better feedback if this was in the ebay section since they know a lot about the ins & outs of shipping. Good luck OP, I will be keeping my fingers crossed for the both of us!!

:hugs:

pradalady:i had a USPS nightmare recently.

Few things:

1) Which usps facility is it at? It should say when you track & confirm it...I'm asking because it might be the same one as mine b/c it's one of the main facilities for the area hear the LA Bal store.
2) Email the Los Angeles Postmaster for Los Angeles. He replied to my email within 24 hours. His name is Mark Anderson and he's at [email protected], and his number is (323) 586-3829. BEST OF LUCK!

I know how upsetting and frustrating it is...please keep us updated and feel free to PM me if you have questions...

oh, and fyi: when i went to the post office (I went a total of 32 times), I was told repeatedly that "track and confirm is unreliable." I'm not joking. That's what they said. Multiple times.

oh, and fyi: when i went to the post office (I went a total of 32 times), I was told repeatedly that "track and confirm is unreliable." I'm not joking. That's what they said. Multiple times.

I'm not surprised. USPS tracking is useless. I always request UPS or FedEx shipping and am willing to pay extra (within reason) if either option is offered. Even on the rare occasion that I sell a bag or some other item, I will insist on FedEx. Having been on both sides of the transaction, it's equally nerve-wracking to wait for a USPS arrival.

This probably doesn't relieve any of your frustration, but at least you can know that this situation is more of a rule than an exception.

pradalady:i had a USPS nightmare recently.

Few things:

1) Which usps facility is it at? It should say when you track & confirm it...I'm asking because it might be the same one as mine b/c it's one of the main facilities for the area hear the LA Bal store.
2) Email the Los Angeles Postmaster for Los Angeles. He replied to my email within 24 hours. His name is Mark Anderson and he's at [email protected], and his number is (323) 586-3829. BEST OF LUCK!

I know how upsetting and frustrating it is...please keep us updated and feel free to PM me if you have questions...

Thank you thank you for this info. I will send a mail right away and also call him. The facility is
7001 S CENTRAL AVE RM 321
LOS ANGELES, CA 90052-4200
(800) ASK-USPS
(323) 586-1723

The ladies at the consumer affairs said I can do nothing other than wait. The tracking info says it left the above facility on 2/25 and the west hollywood office (where it is supposed to go) says it never received it.

It may be a long shot, but did you contact Bal LA to see if it showed up? If the package isn't scanned upon arrival to the destination site then the website won't be updated. I once sold a bag to someone where the website never updated beyond the sort facility but the buyer sent an email and left feedback so I knew it arrived. I was irritated because I paid for signature confirmation and this was never updated on the website either. To this day, the website still states the package left the sorting facility and the buyer has had her bag for almost a year!

Your package may already be at the store if you have not yet checked there. It's possible the West Hollywood office never received it because it wasn't scanned upon arrival and just left for delivery to the store.

Last edited:
Thanks to all the ladies who responded. I will never ship anything of importance with USPS again. You ladies are right, FEDEX or UPS is the way to go. I think I just got cocky since I have been receiving a lot of packages from USPS and I did not have to go through this ever. Oh well, you live you learn.

It may be a long shot, but did you contact Bal LA to see if it showed up? If the package isn't scanned upon arrival to the destination site then the website won't be updated. I once sold a bag to someone where the website never updated beyond the sort facility but the buyer sent an email and left feedback so I knew it arrived.

Your package may already be at the store if you have not yet checked there.

I did contact Bal LA day before yesterdat but they did not receive anything. But may be I will call again. Thanks!!

and see if you can get a hold of the managerat the central facility (that's downtown and also where Mr. Anderson's office is).

I find that speaking with a manager is much easier. And central is the main facility for LA, so I'm hoping it's just been overlooked...

And I agree with EVERYONE here that USPS is awful. In fact, after my USPS fiasco (I was receiving a YSL besace), my bf started a facebook page about how awful USPS is. You'll be amazed how many members have joined!

Best of luck, pradalady!!

An update ...
The tracking info is still exactly where it was. I kept calling the post office and the boutique everyday and the bag finally reached LA boutique last friday. So it took 9 days to get to LA from San Jose, I think I could have walked there and hand delivered it. ;)

Thank you ladies for being there for me.

An update ...
The tracking info is still exactly where it was. I kept calling the post office and the boutique everyday and the bag finally reached LA boutique last friday. So it took 9 days to get to LA from San Jose, I think I could have walked there and hand delivered it. ;)

Thank you ladies for being there for me.
Glad this got there. It's a good idea to insure it in case it actually had gotten lost. Also FedEx or UPS 2nd Day is good and you can track it.