Need help to decide :)

WillowWinter

Jul 25, 2011
IRELAND
Hi Everyone ,

I'm usually lurking in the Louis Vuitton forum but I need your help , I had a pale pink first bag years ago and sold it , regretted doing that but that's life eh ?
Anyhow I now have the chance to purchase a Balenciaga from a seller whom I've purchased LV's from before and is excellent .
She has a Bal Classic City in a deep red colour (not sure of name of shade )with gunmetal or antiqued brass hardware and she also has a mini Pompon in a light grey with rosegold hardware .
Which would you go for ?

jellyv

O.G.
Mar 29, 2006
Those are two utterly different options in terms of function and form. Do you need a bag with capacity for everyday use, or a mini-bag? To me it's no contest: the City. I don't like the Pompon bags at all. Do you like a red bag? Then...get the City.

WillowWinter

Jul 25, 2011
IRELAND
Thanks so much for all your help , I do want it as an everyday kind of bag so I get the impression the Mini Pompon is quite small , I do like both colours but I am leaning towards the City as it's more classic :smile:

WillowWinter

Jul 25, 2011
IRELAND
I've been looking through the colour section and I think the City may be either a 2005 Bordeaux or Rouge Theatre colourway , hard to know from just photos , anyone have these colours ?

Greengoddess8

Oct 2, 2013
Ban Island, USA
I've been looking through the colour section and I think the City may be either a 2005 Bordeaux or Rouge Theatre colourway , hard to know from just photos , anyone have these colours ?
I agree with the others city style wins without a doubt. I love the color red but can't pull of the color with my coloring. But, if you think it is either Bordeaux or RT get it. They are gorgeous reds IMO. :graucho: Let us know what you decide and post pictures:graucho:

_pikapika_

Sep 30, 2014
have you ever tried city on? i used to love city from the pics & see other ppl wearing it on street, but it looks odd on me. then i tried velo -- much better.

calflu

Apr 3, 2012
Ban Island
I'd pick City over Pompon but Bal has poor resell value and I was hit hard by this so I'd think twice before jump on another one!

Hi Everyone ,

I'm usually lurking in the Louis Vuitton forum but I need your help , I had a pale pink first bag years ago and sold it , regretted doing that but that's life eh ?
Anyhow I now have the chance to purchase a Balenciaga from a seller whom I've purchased LV's from before and is excellent .
She has a Bal Classic City in a deep red colour (not sure of name of shade )with gunmetal or antiqued brass hardware and she also has a mini Pompon in a light grey with rosegold hardware .
Which would you go for ?

WillowWinter

Jul 25, 2011
IRELAND
I'd pick City over Pompon but Bal has poor resell value and I was hit hard by this so I'd think twice before jump on another one!

I understand but I am getting it at a good price and even though I regret selling my other one in way I don't in another as it was in the pale rose colour ( really light pink ) and I was so paranoid about colour transfer or stains that I really do think a darker colour would have been better , I'm pretty sure this one is the Bordeaux colour with RH , will let you all know how it goes :biggrin:

rainneday

Feb 8, 2013
The City! What is the letter on the metal tag? We can help tell you what year it may be from (which red).

Sssy

Jan 1, 2013
London
If the City is from 2005 I wouldn't think twice- in this case the City is the only option :graucho: