Need help Sold Chanel Bag on eBay and Buyer requested to be returned

Keep in mind that ebay tells callers what they want to hear and often (sadly), what they promise isn't what happens.

You should get the ebay fee back but depending on how Paypal handles their own new policy of withholding the fees, you may not get that amount back.

I'm glad the bag is fine.

But for a preowned bag, it's going to be difficult, if not impossible to prove additional use. (Remember earlier I mentioned that you didn't show the hologram in the listing so defending yourself against her claim that it was falling off would have been difficult.)

And because it's a used bag, lint in the bag or a possible few extra scuffs are hard to prove whether they were there or not.

Be thankful she's not a real scammer and that you got the same bag back. Block her ID and prevent future purchases from her.

Oh totally, if you remember the case with my neighbour, where somebody picked up very valuable furniture and then tried to do a "not received" despite them saying the funds would be released to her, it took a few more calls and pushes for it to eventually happen. While they also claim the buyer's account had a high number of charge backs and will be checked, it seems the buyer is still happily selling stuff (or not selling) for feedback, and possibly roping in more sellers with the scam

Sorry, I have been away for a long time. My PurseForum app stops working. I called eBay shortly after the buyer called eBay to expedite to return her money and eBay did it before me. But when I called eBay, they said they had a record that showing I was attempting to refund but it didn’t go through so I won’t get any dings on my account. As for PayPal fee, they did take the fee and I haven’t called to follow up and I probably won’t at this point. I just want to move on. Thank you everyone for the support and giving me tips and advice. ❤️.

Sorry, I have been away for a long time. My PurseForum app stops working. I called eBay shortly after the buyer called eBay to expedite to return her money and eBay did it before me. But when I called eBay, they said they had a record that showing I was attempting to refund but it didn’t go through so I won’t get any dings on my account. As for PayPal fee, they did take the fee and I haven’t called to follow up and I probably won’t at this point. I just want to move on. Thank you everyone for the support and giving me tips and advice. ❤️.

Happy you got your bag back; sorry it was such a headache. Similar issue happened to me, sold a Céline bag on ebay, she messaged me she received it, she loved it, etc. About a week later, she messaged again saying the bag was damaged, odd how she left a positive review and how much she loved it only to wait a week later to say it was damaged; I believe she had buyer's remorse. She had 0 reviews in which I think it helped my case as I provided ebay the messages between us so they did not approve her wanting a refund. This was back in 2012 and that wqs the last time I ever sold a handbag on ebay!

Hi everyone,
I really need BIG HELP/ADVICE from you guys.

I posted to sell a Chanel bag on eBay back in early April. This was the most valuable item I have ever posted on eBay.

I bought the handbag myself at Chanel Rue Cambon while on vacation in Paris. We are from the US. I didn’t provide the receipt to the buyer since I purchased a few items from the boutique.

The buyer purchased the bag on 4/16. We had a few exchanged conversation to update on the progress of the shipping. She mentioned that she bought this bag to take on vacation.

Today, 5/7 at 6:31PM she opened a case to return the bag. She sent me a few messages that a Chanel authenticator told her that my bag is not authentic. I replied back to her that I have the actual receipt and we can call the Rue Cambon boutique to give her more info about the bag. She replied back that she just wanted a refund. I asked if she could share the authenticator’s report since I’m curious as to why they would believe it’s not authentic. She then replied that she just took the bag to a Chanel boutique and they “pointed out that the serial number is not printed correctly and the hologram sticker that’s glued on is slipping off”. This cannot be the case since I bought it brand new at the boutique and the sticker was not slipping off when I shipped the bag. I just called eBay but the department was close and eBay will contact me tomorrow.

Please share what I should do.

I don’t want to accept return because I’m afraid that she won’t return the same bag back to me or she may have used my bag on her vacation already. Thank you for your help and support in advance. [emoji1317]

Here is the link the bag I sold
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/233196212926

the same thing happened to me recently and the entire story she kept changing etc. Could you DM me the eBay username if you don’t mind sharing? I’m wondering if it’s the same person since the story sounds exactly the same as mine.