Need help Sold Chanel Bag on eBay and Buyer requested to be returned

Are you still going to accept them once paypal stops refunding fees? Or are you going to add an extra percentage to your shipping charge to cover it?
Luckily, I don't get a lot of return requests and the paypal fees on those I've had haven't been a lot of money. But my items don't sell in the thousand(s) dollars range so the fees are relatively low.

I'm not sure how I'll handle it. I might just wait see what happens when I get my first since the policy change.

Reactions: whateve
I called eBay. They said I should get both eBay fee and PayPal fee back but let’s see what would happen next. This is not about my luck it’s about I’m not educating myself enough before putting my bag up on eBay.
Keep in mind that ebay tells callers what they want to hear and often (sadly), what they promise isn't what happens.

You should get the ebay fee back but depending on how Paypal handles their own new policy of withholding the fees, you may not get that amount back.
I inspected the bag and it looks fine. More lints inside but it could be from her stuffing or she may have used it. And I think it was a bit more shinier when I sent it out.

I’m glad the hologram is still there with authenticity card.
I'm glad the bag is fine.

But for a preowned bag, it's going to be difficult, if not impossible to prove additional use. (Remember earlier I mentioned that you didn't show the hologram in the listing so defending yourself against her claim that it was falling off would have been difficult.)

And because it's a used bag, lint in the bag or a possible few extra scuffs are hard to prove whether they were there or not.

Be thankful she's not a real scammer and that you got the same bag back. Block her ID and prevent future purchases from her.

Keep in mind that ebay tells callers what they want to hear and often (sadly), what they promise isn't what happens.

You should get the ebay fee back but depending on how Paypal handles their own new policy of withholding the fees, you may not get that amount back.

I'm glad the bag is fine.

But for a preowned bag, it's going to be difficult, if not impossible to prove additional use. (Remember earlier I mentioned that you didn't show the hologram in the listing so defending yourself against her claim that it was falling off would have been difficult.)

And because it's a used bag, lint in the bag or a possible few extra scuffs are hard to prove whether they were there or not.

Be thankful she's not a real scammer and that you got the same bag back. Block her ID and prevent future purchases from her.

Thank you. Will do what you recommended. [emoji1317][emoji56]

The eBay full invoice amount was taken off my PayPal and I never saw it refunded (I tried to reach out to them but think I’d have to call and the reason wasn’t listed, just gave up and never came back). It was a while ago (a year maybe)

I’m not worried about eBay fee because I listed this bag during promotion (eBay won’t take any selling fee).

Reactions: EmilyM111
I forgot to mention that the buyer just opened a case to expedite the refund. I found out when I called eBay to ask about the fee and steps to do the refund (I called eBay because when I pressed botton to refund it said the refund failed and there was a problem sending my refund to the buyer). Per notification, I have until 5/15. eBay said because the buyer called to open the case that’s why I could not refund it myself and he said to wait that I should see the transaction on my PayPal account.

I couldn’t do that quick since it was Mother’s Day weekend and I’ve been out both days until 9 pm. Forgot to mention that I’m 31 weeks pregnant so I’m a bit more tired than usual. [emoji4]

I forgot to mention that the buyer just opened a case to expedite the refund. I found out when I called eBay to ask about the fee and steps to do the refund (I called eBay because when I pressed botton to refund it said the refund failed and there was a problem sending my refund to the buyer). Per notification, I have until 5/15. eBay said because the buyer called to open the case that’s why I could not refund it myself and he said to wait that I should see the transaction on my PayPal account.

I couldn’t do that quick since it was Mother’s Day weekend and I’ve been out both days until 9 pm. Forgot to mention that I’m 31 weeks pregnant so I’m a bit more tired than usual. [emoji4]
I guess I'm confused. Without going back through the thread, I thought I remember that you'd said she opened a case as "doesn't seem authentic." So that means she opened the case earlier.

I guess I'm confused. Without going back through the thread, I thought I remember that you'd said she opened a case as "doesn't seem authentic." So that means she opened the case earlier.

You are correct. She opened the case for SNAD earlier but today when I called eBay, they told me that the buyer called to “open a case” for a refund. So eBay refunded her just right before i called. So I asked him how could they do it since eBay sent me a notification that I have time to refund by 5/15. He didn’t really answer my question. I also told him that I attempted to refund but when I pressed the refund button it said failed. He told to wait and I should see a transaction on PayPal. Now I’m just waiting. That’s all I know.

Sorry I might have confused you but I’m a bit confused as well. I just want to share the story. Below is the screenshot that I attempted to press button again and I got message below (I called eBay before my screenshot time though).

IMG_8909.JPG

This is the status of my case right now.
IMG_8910.JPG

You are correct. She opened the case for SNAD earlier but today when I called eBay, they told me that the buyer called to “open a case” for a refund. So eBay refunded her just right before i called. So I asked him how could they do it since eBay sent me a notification that I have time to refund by 5/15. He didn’t really answer my question. I also told him that I attempted to refund but when I pressed the refund button it said failed. He told to wait and I should see a transaction on PayPal. Now I’m just waiting. That’s all I know.
So what she did was escalated the case, forcing ebay to resolve.

That sucks because when ebay resolves a case, you don't get credit for resolving it yourself and your account gets dinged.

Reactions: Bratty1919