Which One Should I Get?

• 09P Fuchsia Soft Caviar Jumbo

• 09 Blue Roi Soft Caviar Jumbo

• 09P Fuchsia Soft Caviar Maxi

Results are only viewable after voting.

jainstein

O.G.
Oct 15, 2006
I wasn't sure if I wanted the soft caviar bag last year but it has been growing in me more and more and finally decided to get it. Sigh... I always realize that I want certain bags only after they're sold out or the price is hiked up. :shucks:
I searched really hard and was able to find several options from several resellers. (Of course the price is a lot higher than I would have paid last year...)

1. Fuchsia Soft Caviar Jumbo
2. Blue Soft Caviar Jumbo
3. Fuchsia Soft Caviar Maxi

I've searched the forum that there were threads asking similar questions last year. However, I would like to get an advice on which one to add given the bags I already have. Of course I'd love to have both (:graucho:) but since the price is already hiked up and I have several other bags on my list for this year, I need to choose one...

Flaps I have in Red & Blue color groups:
Red group: 07 red lamb m/l, 09 burgundy reissue 226, 10C red caviar jumbo,
Blue group: 08 navy lamb jumbo, 08 metallic navy 227 (on the way), 09 navy caviar jumbo, 10C blue roi caviar jumbo

I also have both Fuchsia and Blue soft caviar WOC and depending on which flap I get, I will let one go (for E/W from my friend!:biggrin:). I know I asked which color is better for the WOC but I'm wondering if you ladies would think differently for jumbo/maxi.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! =)

Last edited:
Hi janestein,

1. Do you want a maxi? I noticed none on your list and wondering if that's something you want to add.

2. like blue or fuschia better?

3. Do you mind the wing effect from those maxis?

fuschia sounds like a pretty color.
besides, you have the blue roi.

Do you like bright colors? fuschia might be so nice, different, refreshing. although attention-getting, if you like that!

good luck and keep us posted :smile:

have fun too

Thanks a lot for your input gratefull!!!
I would love to own a maxi but I'm only 5'1" and maxi looks huge on me so I don't own any maxi so far. But for some reason, I've been thinking soft caviar maxi might look ok due it it's slouchiness and maybe flap being short might help. Fuchsia maxi has been in my mind forever and I passed on several opportunities to get it but still couldn't decide. I also love slouchy bags so maxi was my first choice but some photos on the forum show severe wing issues and some don't so I don't know what to expect. I'm ok with some wing issues but if it's severe to the point that it deforms the bag permanently over the time, it's a nono...

I also saw the 09 blue roi soft caviar maxi photo and it looked gorgeous!!! However, it seems like it's impossible to find. I actually found one place selling brand new one but the price was ~$4.2k which is ridiculous considering the retail at that time was ~$2.9k!!!! So, I'm gonna pass this.

I think you made me believe that I should get fuchsia! lol I guess it's a matter of getting jumbo or maxi? ;)

Hi janestein,

1. Do you want a maxi? I noticed none on your list and wondering if that's something you want to add.

2. like blue or fuschia better?

3. Do you mind the wing effect from those maxis?

fuschia sounds like a pretty color.
besides, you have the blue roi.

Do you like bright colors? fuschia might be so nice, different, refreshing. although attention-getting, if you like that!

good luck and keep us posted :smile:

have fun too

Jainstein--first of all, is that your husky in your avatar pic? if so, hello from one fellow husky mom to another:graucho: i love the fuschia color--i myself am looking for the same color in the m/l flap:P I have a feeling you'll look great in any of them, but my personal vote is for the fuschia jumbo:smile:

Hi chriseve, glad to see another husky mom here! :biggrin: Huskies are so fun & playful, aren't they? I'm always amazed by how their fur/hair never gets wet after playing in snow as if they have a water proof coating!!!
BTW, your baby in your avatar is so adorable!!! :heart: You must be a happy mom!

I love fuchsia too! Are you looking for lambskin m/l? I think I saw one on the ebay not too long time ago.
Good luck with your search and love to see pics of your fuchsia once you get it! ;)

Jainstein--first of all, is that your husky in your avatar pic? if so, hello from one fellow husky mom to another:graucho: i love the fuschia color--i myself am looking for the same color in the m/l flap:P I have a feeling you'll look great in any of them, but my personal vote is for the fuschia jumbo:smile:

Thanks for helping me with decisions nighteyes. :flowers:
I agree that fuchsia is such a pretty color and it will look good in any size! :tup: After spending quite a while searching for other people's comments on the soft caviar maxi, maybe I should get the jumbo size. I love the look of the maxi too though. :sweatdrop:

I voted for fuchsia jumbo as well. Just love that color! :heart:

Hi again Jainstein.

Still thinking about your choices.
gosh, it's so hard to just pick one!

If you like the maxi don't discount it yet. My guess is that if you don't want the flap to look like the wings, then you'd have to be careul not to put too many things in it or let the things get to heavy. I think that would make the flap more like wings.

I said fuschia because it's stunning. And different. Seemed like you didn't have anything like that yet, either.

You know, I saw 2 soft caviars in maxi size in real life recently. What's amazing is that they didn't have bad wings. :smile: They looked great. One was the bleu roi, too- the soft caviar maxi. I could spot it a mile away. I was in South Coast Plaza near the Chanel store, too. I see what you mean- gosh it was gorgeous. I did a double-take lol. THen I stopped and turned around and watched it until the lady was out of sight. :smile:

Anyway kinda rambling here but it's hard to say 'cause each one is great,
I have a washed caviar 09P jumbo and I love it. It's not really smooshy. It's in the light gray color - almost a baby blue to me. It's different.

Picture yourself carrying each one - which makes youi most excited?

PS yes I noticed your dog too - gorgeous

Thank you so much gratefull! You're such a sweet heart! :biggrin:
I'm such a sucker for big bags... but I think if I get maxi, stuffing it with many things will be inevitable... (that's the point of having a big bag, right? ;)) Sigh... Maybe I should get jumbo... But it's crazy that I can't give up on the maxi either even though I have doubts about its wing problem.

I would have reacted the same way as you did if I saw the blue maxi on a street! I've seen fuchsia maxi and jumbo at ebay or other consignment stores several times but never seen blue maxi for resale (except the recent ~4.2k one). Maybe all the owners are happy withe their blue maxi?

Your washed caviar in light gray/baby blue sounds stunning!!! :drool: Wish the bag you have were also available too. Haha, I'm very greedy with bags. :sweatdrop:

Oh well, I should stop browsing tpf since I've been spending too much time on it recently!!! I think I can stay up all night surfing tpf. LOL It's very addictive, right?

Sigh... Maybe I will roll a dice eventually to decide which one to get. :wacko: Thanks again for your valuable advice!!! :flowers:
p.s.-thanks for the compliment on my dog too!

Hi again Jainstein.

Still thinking about your choices.
gosh, it's so hard to just pick one!

If you like the maxi don't discount it yet. My guess is that if you don't want the flap to look like the wings, then you'd have to be careul not to put too many things in it or let the things get to heavy. I think that would make the flap more like wings.

I said fuschia because it's stunning. And different. Seemed like you didn't have anything like that yet, either.

You know, I saw 2 soft caviars in maxi size in real life recently. What's amazing is that they didn't have bad wings. :smile: They looked great. One was the bleu roi, too- the soft caviar maxi. I could spot it a mile away. I was in South Coast Plaza near the Chanel store, too. I see what you mean- gosh it was gorgeous. I did a double-take lol. THen I stopped and turned around and watched it until the lady was out of sight. :smile:

Anyway kinda rambling here but it's hard to say 'cause each one is great,
I have a washed caviar 09P jumbo and I love it. It's not really smooshy. It's in the light gray color - almost a baby blue to me. It's different.

Picture yourself carrying each one - which makes youi most excited?

PS yes I noticed your dog too - gorgeous

Thanks a lot, pro_shopper, allbrandspls, gators!
I've decided to get the fuchsia jumbo~! I realized that I will never make up my mind if I don't decide NOW... Hehe. Though I can't give up 100% on the fuchsia maxi but I believe it will change once I receive the fuchsia jumbo.
Thanks again gratefull, chriseve, nighteyes!

I will definitely post the reveal once I receive the bag. It will take a while though since unlike maxi, jumbo reseller is out of the US. Luckily one of my friends lives in the same country as the reseller. She, also a Chanel lover, said she could receive it first and inspect every details of the bag before shipping it to me so that I can avoid hassles if there is anything wrong with the bag (though it's a brand new one).
Sigh... I hate myself for not getting it when it was available in stores. I always tell myself that I should get it when it's available in stores but it rarely happens since it always takes me forever to decide which one to get...
Anyways, I'm very excited! :yahoo: Thanks ladies for your help! :ty: