need help setting things straight!

schoi

O.G.
Aug 9, 2008
I know there are many posts on Apple leather care products, but they are too scattered to piece together and I get jumbled up with what the SA's say I can and can't condition/raingarde/moisturize/etc...SO can someone please clarify for me the following things?

1. 07 legacy leather (leigh and bridgit) can be conditioned with the apple leather care correct? rain garde can also be sprayed too?

2. pebbled leather: can't handle anything? not even rain garde?

3. hamptons vintage leather: i really want to find a way to protect my clutches, but the SA said I couldn't put any conditioner or garde on it because the leather is treated. but the apple conditioner said that its good for treated leathers, including exotic etc...you all will know what it says =D. so does anyone have any first hand experience or just knowledge of whether i can condition/spray the hamptons vintage line? i am mainly concerned with whether or not i can rain garde it, so they're less susceptible to stains from my constant groping.

4. lastly, what the heck is nubuck and napped/nappa leather(if they're even the same)?

Nubus is a low napped suede. Nappa? Not sure. You can use conditioner on just about any leather except porous, unfinished leather like suede and nubuc. However, I sprayed a Chelsea pebbled/nubuc satchel and it turned out fine without "water marks." Also, I spray Rain Guarde on metallics, but do not use conditioner.

I use conditioner on all my leathers, I haven't sprayed any with Rain Garde, but you can. I have a Hamptons Vintage Magenta Clutch that I used Apple Conditioner on, and she's fine. Sometimes some of the dye will come off onto the cloth, but it does not remove it from the leather. If you're unsure, test a hidden area.

does your violet clutch zipper run smoothly by the way? my big one is really smooth, but the small pocket right under the zipper kinda is rough and doesn't go smoothly cause the sewing alignment is kinda off. i don't know if its just mine or what, but i dont wnt it to break on me.