Need help!! Reissue 226 or Boy New Medium??

Thank you soo much to everybody who took their time to give an opinion [emoji120]🏼 I looks like Reissue gets most of the votes [emoji173]️[emoji162]
I really should start saving some money to get a Boy. I can go to Chanel in Nice and try one on to see if I will like it as much as I think I will.
How about the quality on the newer bags? Are they as good as it used to be??

Without a doubt I would keep the Reissue! They are truly timeless classics and the 226 size is so perfect for day or night. I agree that quality isn't the same so having an older bag in near perfect condition is something I wouldn't trade. Good luck in your decision.

Last edited:
Reissue, definitely reissue!!! I like the look of the boy, but not being leather lined at that price point is kind of a deal breaker for me. Otoh, I'd absolutely LOVE to get a reissue one day! :love:

Im kind of in the same situation like you, though not like you Im not using my reissue anymore. I have the same size like yours, mine just have the antique gold hardware and I only used it twice and I have it for 4 years. Its basically brand new. I kept it for the same reason that its an "Iconic bag" but recently I realized life is too short and if I don't enjoy something, I would have to let go and spend it on something that I really love which would be boy bags and mini flaps. They're more practical for me. I get more mileage on them. So rather than keeping a bag just for the sake of having it because it's supposed to be what others think looks great, I would get what I feel is best for me. That's just my opinion. HTH.

ETA: Reading again your post, it seems like you really still love your reissue so in this case, you have no choice but to just save up some money for a boy bag. If Im still getting a lot of use from my reissue, there is no way I will consider selling it for sure.

Last edited:
Keep the reissue and save for the boy

Simply put, THIS! Do not sell your beautiful Reissue! I'm always a proponent of selling what you *don't* love or use, but it seems like this is not the case. I know it can be tempting to get a brand new bag- and you will! Have patience and you will be able to enjoy both :heart: