Need help regarding Chanel Patent GST

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hiya TPF'ers!

I am considering getting a black patent GST. I would like to know if the patent GST would have similar sagging problems at the four corners like the Caviar GST and would I have to baby it a lot?

Would it be able to retain it's shape after prolonged usage?

Your valuable advice/opinions would be greatly appreciated.

TIA! :flowers:

2. I don't have a GST, but I do own many patent bags and totes (not all Chanel) and from my experience, patent holds its shape better than caviar.

3. i have several GST's...my patent has held up the BEST! i've posted about this bag tons of times since i'm so pleased with it...i have the identical bag in caviar & unfortunately that particular one wore very quickly ~ corners look awful...highly recommend the patent! good luck...

4. Yes, patent is very sturdy and boxy--sometimes I wish it wasnt as I cant keep my arms down when I wear my patent gst hehe

5. Ditto. Patent GST is the way to go! I love my bronze GST :biggrin:

6. Thanks all for the valuable input! Appreciate it! :smile:

7. Hello Sunshine! So, patent GST it would be, eh? I will be joining you in the "banned" forum very soon :P

8. Hi Joansie I am having the same problem deciding which GST to get Patent or Caviar and this is going to to be my 1st Chanel so I want one that will hold up and so since you have both can you post pics of both of them for me. I really like the Patent but I have hear from people since it's going to my 1st they say I should stick with the Classic Cavier. I feel that Patent is very nice and will not go out of style right? So can you please give me your thoughts of this on this ASAP as I am planning on getting it this week.Thanks

9. I am so glad you posted this as I am having the same problem. I am planning on getting my 1st GST this week and having the same problem I really like the Patent but then I have been told go with Classic Cavier but I like the look of the Patent as it just brings out the bag so much more.So let me know what you decide too

10. Hi divagal01,

I totally understand your predicament dear. At first, I was still undecided if I should be getting the patent or the Caviar.

In Singapore, the Caviar GST, especially the one in SWH and GHW is very common. I like the Caviar with GHW, but was thinking if I get the patent, it'll be far more outstanding.

However, I am not really in love with it yanno, not sure if you know what I mean. I still prefer the caviar GST though, problem is it's hard to find the older version here in Singapore. I don't like the 2010 version.

Since I already have a patent YSL Roady, I think I'll give this patent GST a miss and also thanks to the advice of my lovely friend from here, shout out to Nelly aka npps :hugs: hun! I have decided to save up for the Maxi, which is what I truly wanted actually.

Maybe I'll get the Caviar GST if I have some extra cash to spare! Yikes! :nuts:

Wish you luck babe, hope you'll be able to make a decision soon! :smile:

11. Hi SarahRae well I think I am going to probably end up getting the GST Caviar SHW. This will be my 1st Chanel bag I have alot of LV bags and thought it was time to add a Chanel to my collection since there prices keep going up. But I really don't know the difference between the older to the newer version. I just know that I have checked with some Chanel store and they are sold out and only have the newer versions. Can you please just tell me a liitle bit about the what has changed about them. I really like the look of the GST. Thanks for any input

12. #12 Sep 27, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
  13. divagal01
    i posted pics in the GST Club thread (actually Yoga helped me)
    i was trying to show how the patent held up while the brown 08 had worn corners very quickly...seems that 08 season had problems w caviar GST's...i know 4 gals who had same issue...i have other caviar GST's that wore much better...somehow the bordeaux and brown from that year were like a bad batch!

14. so what's the verdict? :smile: