Need help quick (this is kind of funny)...

ashlend

Sep 9, 2006
I just received an email from a young associate here (a year below me- she does some work for me). It was a reply to an email I had sent her, but it was clearly personal and not meant for me (also slightly potentially embarrassing).

Should I ignore it? I don't think she's realized her mistake, as I haven't heard anything else from her since then. On the other hand, could be awkward if she figures it out later on and gets embarrassed then.

What would you do? LOL.

I've sent e-mails to the wrong people before and I'm actually glad when they let me know because then I can resend it to the correct person. Of course I haven't sent anything embaressing, although it takes a lot to embaress me! LOL :smile:

Perhaps just a tactful "I believe you meant this to go to someone else." or something along those lines.

Good luck!

It sounds like an email you mistook for spam and deleted without reading it, you do that all the time, and sometimes people you know will email you again, or call you, asking if you got their email and you have to say oh no, I did it again, I have gotten so bad about deleting almost everything without even looking at it.

That is definitely what happened in this case.

oh... i have mistakenly sent out an email to an entire class when i responded to an email the professor sent out to everyone. luckily it wasn't anything embarrassing.

i think you should just ignore it. even if she found out her mistake later on, she might've assumed there was a possibility that you didn't see it or it was deleted.

I would let her know - she may not have realised and if she has she may be worrying about it!

Only last week I was e-mailing my boss and I accidentally put a kiss at the end of the e-mail! I was in the process of e-mailing my SO at the time

How embarassing!:shame: