Need help: Pochette Metis or Palm Springs PM??

aleina

Aug 24, 2006
I have a defective Pochette Metis currently waiting for a replacement and am 6th on the waiting list. I am nervous that the new Pochette Metis will end up having same (melting glazing, ew!) or other problems down the line. Also I don't know how long I have to wait (already almost 1 month). Recently I'm entertaining the idea to exchange it for the Palm Springs backpack in PM size instead. But I'm super scared I will regret not waiting for the Pochette Metis (I purchased it before price increase). At the same time I'm crazy about the Palm Springs PM but worried I will regret it later too (due to backpacks being too trendy and out of fashion later). Plus there are not too many reviews about the Palm Springs PM so it makes it harder to decide. Please Help!

I have a defective Pochette Metis currently waiting for a replacement and am 6th on the waiting list. I am nervous that the new Pochette Metis will end up having same (melting glazing, ew!) or other problems down the line. Also I don't know how long I have to wait (already almost 1 month). Recently I'm entertaining the idea to exchange it for the Palm Springs backpack in PM size instead. But I'm super scared I will regret not waiting for the Pochette Metis (I purchased it before price increase). At the same time I'm crazy about the Palm Springs PM but worried I will regret it later too (due to backpacks being too trendy and out of fashion later). Plus there are not too many reviews about the Palm Springs PM so it makes it harder to decide. Please Help!
Depends on how much you carry and your style. PS mini holds a lot less and it's way edgier imo.

Reactions: Tlvover
No bag will stay pristine forever. If your true love is the Pochette Métis, then wait for a new one to arrive and enjoy it! Louis Vuitton can always repair the bag later when it shows too much wear for your taste. I think you are absolutely correct: the backpack is more of a trendy bag, while the Pochette Métis features a much more classic silhouette. If I had to chose between the two, I would definitely pick the Pochette Métis.

Reactions: Tlvover and aleina
I would say the Palm Springs pm backpack, there's about 39 left in the U.S. from the last time I checked, very low in stock, I'm talking about the regular monogram one not the reverse monogram. I just did a "charge send" from the store can't wait to receive mine! But anyways I think the back pack is very trendy, but I could imagine myself wearing it every year.

Reactions: aleina
I would say the Palm Springs pm backpack, there's about 39 left in the U.S. from the last time I checked, very low in stock, I'm talking about the regular monogram one not the reverse monogram. I just did a "charge send" from the store can't wait to receive mine! But anyways I think the back pack is very trendy, but I could imagine myself wearing it every year.

Do you mean 39 left and it will be discontinued or just that they will be hard to find?

Reactions: Tlvover
Personally, I love my Pm. It depends on what your needs are for this bag. For the mini, my biggest cons were that the zipper is super hard to open and that because it isnt a tradional zip top opening, it would be hard to grab what you needed in a hurry. You have to be careful how you stuff it, meaning its so small in the first place and on top of that the opening in on the side, so it would be hard to find things. Hope that makes since.

For the backpack PM you have to put everything in vertically,for the MM it looks big, and the beauty of this backpack is actually the small PM one. I have a Pochette metis and I find it the best bag ever, it looks chic and it holds a lot too.

I have the pochette metis and had the Palm Springs mini. I had to return the Palm Springs mini due to defects. Didn't want to get another one bc I was worried the same will happen. Couldn't get it off my mind though so I just ordered the PM size. I'm hoping that I won't have the same issue. Yes, I think for now it's trendy but I can see myself using it for a long time. I feel the same about the pochette metis too though...so I might not be any help. I say get both [emoji1360]

I recently had the rare opportunity to choose between empriente noir PM and the animal print PS backpack in PM size. I chose the latter. I have always been a fan of backpacks and I didn't like monograms. I also found the compartments of the PM too small & restricting for my pouch and other stuff.

Both are lovely though. You could never go wrong with either. Here's my backpack

IMG_1492492491.194133.jpg